International Tax Manager
We are seeking a highly qualified International Tax Manager to join the Global Tax team, which is responsible for all non-US tax related functions at Schonfeld. The International Tax Manager is expected to assist with the outsourced tax compliance for the non-US management companies and funds. The International Tax Manager will also be involved in non-US tax planning and ad-hoc projects as required. The Tax team works closely with various groups within the firm on a regular basis as well as with external advisors and fund administrators. The ideal candidate will bring a strong sense of personal responsibility and management skills to the role.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- Relevant work experience, alternative investments asset managers preferred.
- Seasoned tax specialist with experience in financial services tax issues, including cross-border structuring and compliance matters, such as:
- Corporate tax compliance for non-US management companies and funds.
- Support in the management of tax accounting process, including current and deferred taxation and related disclosures in the financial statements.
- Review of key tax accounts and support of finance team as appropriate.
- Coordination with external advisors.
- Perform investment reviews to analyse tax implications of trading undertaken (including ASSC 740 analysis).
- Coordinate information reporting filings for the non-US funds and non-US management companies including FATCA and CRS reporting.
- Respond to tax queries and requests raised by existing or prospective investors as part of their due diligence process.
- Assist in the structuring of new business ventures ensuring that tax matters are appropriately analysed.
- Assist with transfer pricing issues across the Schonfeld structure and prepare, with assistance from external advisors, necessary transfer pricing documentation.
- Focused experience in international tax considerations, including European and Asian tax matters.
- Experience with local income tax returns for partnership and corporate entities, ability to oversee and review tax returns prepared by external tax advisors.
- Familiarity with cross-border and information reporting considerations.
- Experience with indirect tax returns and considerations and ability to review returns prepared by external advisors.
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.