We are seeking a highly qualified and talented technologist to join our Software Quality Engineering team as a Software Developer in Test , Reference Data. In this role you will continually raise the bar on quality and performance, while helping to drive quality first across the team. You are a charismatic SDET who is passionate about software and data quality and enthusiastic about the innovation and cutting edge technology. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and improving automated test practices for the entirety of the team’s code base in multiple environments. You enjoy working on frameworks and making software development efficient by moving the team to continuous deployment. You will identify performance bottlenecks and solve performance issues.
What you’ll do
The SDET will work with both technical and business stakeholders to understand present and future requirements and implement an automated testing framework. This will include assessing all functional and non-functional features of the applications, determining and solving for any existing interference with automated testability, creating and implementing an automated testing plan, and using a modern programming language (Java/Python) to perform functional, regression and smoke testing. The ideal candidate will work with the team to create tests in parallel to the development of features and enhancements. The SDET will also drive improvement on functionality, usability, testability, performance and production stability of the applications and systems.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- 2-4 years of software testing experience and/or experience understanding testing, coding and debugging enterprise applications
- Experience with testing of server and database layers
- Expert knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of scripting or a programming knowledge (Java/Python)
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Strong Knowledge of relational databases (Postgres highly preferred) and data streams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ownership experience and a track record of delivering results
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
We’d love if you had:
- Knowledge of the post trade lifecycle
- Knowledge of OOP concepts such as data structures
- Knowledge of our application tech stack – Java, Kafka, Postgres, relational databases
- Experience and knowledge of:
- Reference Data and Data Management Systems
- Containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- DevOps methodologies such as CI/CD and build automation
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.
The base pay for this role is expected to be between $120,000 and $170,000. The expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance bonus and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for the successful candidate will be determined based on a variety of factors such as skills, qualifications, and experience.