We are seeking a Trading Assistant to join the Discretionary Macro and Fixed Income (DMFI) team at Schonfeld. You will have a passion for trading and a deep interest in financial markets. In the role you will be working closely with Portfolio Managers (PMs) whilst proactively collaborating with the Operations department on trade bookings, data analysis and reports. You will create strong relationships across internal/external stakeholder groups and be able to communicate effectively and work well with others.
What you’ll do
- Support the Portfolio Managers on trade bookings and overall blotter management
- Responsible for trade recaps and management therein to ensure accuracy across the trade life-cycle process and all systems
- Oversee position management as well as P&L inquiries within the PMS and trader systems
- Management of FX & Future rolls, expiries, cash balances, and trade/position impactful events
- Contribute and solve for automation and tooling wherever possible in reducing risk and gaps
- Liaise with stakeholders and Portfolio Managers on various risk and attribution reporting
- Ensure compliance and due diligence measures are adhered to and followed in accordance with regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities
- Liaise with Operations, Product, and P&L Valuations teams where necessary to ensure vendor and internal support systems are in alignment with Portfolio Managers accuracy in booking and P&L modeling within the expected firm construct.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- Proven experience supporting Portfolio Managers or Trading; minimum 2 years’ experience
- Knowledge of operational risk and trade life cycle events as it impacts P&L
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills, effective communication, and presentations skills
- Strong understanding of financial markets and various Fixed Income and FX products, including futures, forwards, swaps and options
- Self-manageable with intellectual curiosity seeking best possible solutions wherever possible
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task with ease, with close attention to detail and having a strong interest in the market and product structures
- Advanced Excel with VBA
We’d love if you had:
- Python programming skills or of the like
- Previous knowledge of fixed income relative value strategies desirable
Location & Travel Requirements
- Based in New York
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are?
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.
The base pay for this role is expected to be between $80,000 and $120,000. The expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance bonus and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for the successful candidate will be determined based on a variety of factors such as skills, qualifications, and experience.