We are seeking a highly analytical, detail oriented professional to join the team as a Middle Office Fixed Income Operations Senior Associate at Schonfeld in our New York City office working with a well-established team with a specific focus of supporting commodities trading. You will be tasked with setting up and overseeing day-to-day support functionality as it relates to Commodities primarily and Fixed Income, a rare and exciting opportunity to create something new and utilize your experience to implement best in class operational policies and procedures. You will be a team player who can use their strong interpersonal skills to deliver strategic objectives through building scalable and efficient solutions. Collaborating amongst distinguished operational teams across the globe, along with Product and Technology to derive innovative and best-in-class solutions to our complex trade capture and operational reporting systems.
What you’ll do
The individual will be responsible for successful operational delivery, working in a fast-growing operations team. You will be responsible for day-to-day deliverables, which includes support of commodities trading and operational processes to ensure front-to-back support of the trade life-cycle management. Ability to participate in process improvements and project initiatives to deliver firm initiatives and strategies that are scalable and efficient.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Support Portfolio Managers focused on Commodities strategy with full and proven life-cycle trade management
- An expert level understanding of commodity-based products with the ability to communicate and integrate these best practices within Operations and across to key stakeholders
- Established understanding of rolling futures, managing LME broken dates, metals trading, and items of the like
- Experience with monitoring limits, expiries, and notice periods to proactive manage and reduce risk
- Maintain and build relationships with key Executing Brokers, FCM’s and outsourced vendors
- Oversight of trade, position and valuation reconciliations with counterparties and ensure data integrity across all systems are accurate and timely
- Constant engagement with the trading desk, PMs, risk, compliance, financing, technology, and other internal teams on position, trade, or valuation inquiries, while also seeking to find solutions that are scalable.
- Identify and drive process improvement opportunities to improve efficiency and controls for data/position quality
- Self-starter and independent worker with strong sense of ownership, capable of delivering, driving, and shaping results and to meet deadlines under pressure
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- Minimum 5-years’ experience working at a hedge fund, or sell-side in a similar capacity/role
- Extensive Proven Knowledge of Commodities
- Previous experience working with vendors and 3rd parties
- Past track record for process automation/enhancements and strong technical skills
- Positive mindset and ability to work and lead effectively in a global team
- Committed, able to work under pressure and great team player
- Support business growth and partake in various projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Diligent working style with attention to detail and high standards for quality
- Advanced Excel with VBA
We’d love if you had:
- Product knowledge to include FX, fixed income, repos, futures, credit and other macro-based products
- Experience working in a multi-strategy, multi-PM complex fund structure
- System knowledge of Coremont, Traiana, Markit
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.
The base pay for this role is expected to be between $90,000 and $150,000. The expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance bonus and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for the successful candidate will be determined based on a variety of factors such as skills, qualifications, and experience.