We are seeking a highly qualified Fundamental Equity Middle Office Associate to work in our best in class Equities Middle Office team. This team is responsible for building scalable and efficient solutions and offering investment business with knowledgeable expertise that drives the firm’s platform and the production of our portfolio strategies. The candidate would own some of the unique operational challenges inherent problem solving and bring solid experience and creative solutions to the team.
What you’ll do
This is a role that requires experience managing trade capture, lifecycle events, assisting trading with non-trade activities, corporate action processing, support on P&L inquiries, and daily reconciliations, in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Responsibilities include affirmations and settlements along with option exercise/assignments, and items of the like while monitoring third-party platforms for full front to back trade management. Required product knowledge of Equities, options, swaps, and FX are required with futures and other derivatives a plus. Will work closely with Trading, Portfolio Managers, Fund Accounting, Technology and Risk teams to deliver timely position data accuracy, P&L, and NAV. The candidate will also be expected to contribute to system and process enhancement efforts across the organization.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related degree.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in Operations; buy-side experience at a hedge fund with direct exposure to traders/PMs preferred.
- Exposure to various instruments such as Equities (domestic/international, swaps & options), Futures and FX.
- Experience working directly with EMS/OMS/PMS platforms. Enfusion experience is a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills – vlookups, pivots, etc
- Capable of setting priorities and carrying multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail and the ability to adapt.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership, with a track record of delivering results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, with an aptitude towards client service.
- Positive mindset and ability to work effectively as part of a global team.
We’d love if you had:
- Enjoys working with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do.
- Experience with SPACs, PIPEs, IPOs/Secondaries, and working with Transfer Agents.
- Experience with Macros/VBA preferred. Python/SQL, and AGILE familiarity a plus.
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.
The base pay for this role is expected to be between $90,000 and $145,000. The expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance bonus and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for the successful candidate will be determined based on a variety of factors such as skills, qualifications, and experience.