The Senior Business Analyst will serve as a key resource in Schonfeld’s endeavor to redesign its real-time order and execution message capture backbone and trade reporting systems strategy. This role requires a strong fundamental understanding of the Trade Lifecycle across Front/Middle and Backoffice functions. The position will require strong interpersonal and organizational skill as it entails business requirements discovery and formalization across our Trading, Operations, Risk and Compliance teams. The applicant will be a key contributor in development sprint planning and will be part of the team dedicated to our redesign efforts. This position is a member of the Product Management team and will report into the Product Director – Portfolio Management Systems.
What you’ll do
The Business Analyst – Portfolio Management Systems will partner with business stakeholders and technical teams to design and implement innovative solutions to complex trade capture and operational trade reporting problems. The candidate will be responsible for requirements definition, stakeholder management and overall product delivery. They will perform critical analysis on key business functions and form data-validated conclusions to drive platform decisions.
The Business Analyst – Portfolio Management Systems will interface across multiple internal and external teams to promote cross-team collaboration and create platform efficiency. They will work with the Front Office, Risk, Compliance and Operations team to establish best practices around Documentation, Testing, Acceptance Criteria and Project Communication. A successful candidate will build team domain knowledge with a collaborative approach and mindset to share subject matter expertise.
Prior professional experience designing and implementing automated trade capture and processing solutions for middle and/or back office workflows is required and critical to success in this role.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
• Minimum of five years’ experience at a hedge fund or investment bank in a middle or back office business analyst or similar role
• Experience with modern enterprise data distribution practices and event driven processing
• Expertise with SQL and Excel
• Solid understanding of the product lifecycle
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to form strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders with a team-first mentality
• Project Management experience
• Experience with Documentation and Work Management Suites (Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Visio)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
• A strong “systems thinking” mindset and the ability to articulate the big picture
• Proven experience working with FIX and other industry standard messaging protocols
We’d love if you had:
• Post-trade processing experience with asset/products prevalent in Macro/Fixed Income strategies
• Data Visualization/Business Intelligence Tools experience (PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
• An understanding and experience with Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and familiarity with industry standards and best practices
• Experience working with RDBMS and Data Warehouse solutions such as Postgres, MySQL and/or Redshift
• Experience with Python, scripting and ability work and interact with APIs
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions. In our agile environment, engineers are expected to self-organize and collaborate on the best way to solve problems, and they are collectively responsible for the entire team's delivery. Engineering teams are small and cross-functional, and value learning and knowledge sharing.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our D&I initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro and fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the equity markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.
The base pay for this role is expected to be between $175,000 and $200,000. The expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance bonus and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for the successful candidate will be determined based on a variety of factors such as skills, qualifications, and experience.