Trading Systems Support Analyst
We are seeking an exceptionally talented individual to join an internal quantitative trading team at Schonfeld as a Trading Systems Support Analyst. You will have a passion for trading and a deep interest in the markets, with experience working in Equities. In this role you will proactively collaborating with several different teams, including support, operations, technology and external brokers / counterparties. You will be responsible for monitoring the flow of the desk, providing quick, tactical solutions to issues that may arise.
What you’ll do
The Trading Systems Support Analyst will be a key resource when it comes to monitoring and analyzing the team’s workflow, providing expert solutions to incoming problems. Along with providing the team with support and tactical solutions, you will take an active role in evaluating process and raising ideas for improvements across our development teams. These areas include process, pipeline, workflow, and documentation where you will play a key role in elevating these practices. Other duties include:
- Assist the quantitative trading team to monitor systematic trading book and inform operations
- Provide trade systems support and apply discretion on outlier actions
- Maintain and enhance tools and process used by the desk
- Various risk and attribution reporting
- Undertake due diligence and adhere to risk & compliance measures
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- Strong Product experience across equities – including institutional implementations for equity portfolios globally
- Prior experience supporting quantitative trade processes
- Understanding of trading systems and operational workflow
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills, effective communication, and presentations skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task with ease, pay very close attention to detail and have strong interest in the market
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Experience working with Bloomberg Terminal
- Comfort working with technology
- Strong ownership experience and a track record of delivering results
We’d love if you had:
- Understanding of software development process
- Scripting experience – Unix/Linux
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions. In our agile environment, engineers are expected to self-organize and collaborate on the best way to solve problems, and they are collectively responsible for the entire team's delivery. Engineering teams are small and cross-functional, and value learning and knowledge sharing.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our D&I initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro and fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the equity markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.