Senior Associate, PM Platform Solutions Group
We are seeking a highly professional and entrepreneurially minded Senior Associate to join our Portfolio Manager Platform Solutions Group (PSG) and report into the Director of PSG APAC. In this role, you will be comfortable multi-tasking whilst balancing multiple priorities and initiatives in a fast-paced working environment. You will have a passion for relationship building and be able to communicate with Portfolio Managers (PMs) and internal/external stakeholders confidently and articulately. You will understand the various asset classes including, but not limited to, Equities, Futures, Options, and FX., proactively collaborating with PMs on market data, strategies, and products. As well as possessing a client success mindset, you will be process and goal driven with a keen attention to detail.
What You’ll Do
As the Senior Associate of PSG, you will be the central point of contact for all PMs who are based in APAC or trade APAC markets across all strategies, regions, and platforms within Schonfeld. Alongside the Director of PSG APAC, you will manage the PM relationships across all aspects of their lifecycle including initial launch and ongoing growth of their strategies. You will be tasked with creating a unified, seamless approach for all the PMs on the platform and fostering collaborative communication across both the Investment and Non-Investment teams, whilst continually representing the Schonfeld brand.
Portfolio Manager Onboarding
- Onboard new PMs and their respective teams, onto the Schonfeld Platform in the APAC region
- Review PM business model to determine business requirements (i.e. market data, execution brokers, clearing counterparties, infrastructure needs, recruiting, etc.)
- Manage and coordinate introductions with all internal teams (i.e., Technology, Accounting, Compliance, Tax, etc.), as well as vendors, where applicable
- Assist to develop the initial PM Budget for investment approval
- Coordinate with the Business Development (BD) and Investment teams to implement an approved business model for the PM
- Coordinate with BD to run point on PM kick off meeting with internal non-investment and investment teams to introduce the PM, strategy, and business model
- Project manage deliverables and timelines throughout the entire PM onboarding process
- Maintain a regular review of current onboarding processes; pro-actively look to streamline and create greater efficiencies to ensure that agreed upon deliverables are achieved
- Foster local relationships across departments to provide the PM’s with a cohesive seamless coverage model
- Where vendor solutions are required, conduct a due-diligence of third-party service providers to ensure optimal service/pricing is provided and consistent across the platform while coordinating with legal and compliance
- Facilitate execution broker introductions relating to PT, ALGO and DMA product offerings on behalf of the PMs
- Coordinate pre-launch testing, market data, and trading integrations for newly on-boarded PM’s
Relationship Management of PMs
- Work alongside BD & Risk to manage the relationship across various PMs
- Manage APAC PM requests (new products, regions, markets, brokers, strategies) to conduct due diligence
- Produce material to present new requests to committee for review and scoping
- Maintain working intra-day dialogues with execution/trading counterparties and prime brokers to ensure proper adherence to trading limits, as well as minimise any potential interruptions to trading
- Moderate and/or participate in periodic PM calls to ensure the support model is in alignment with the PM’s dynamic business needs
- Field various ad-hoc requests/inquiries directly from PM’s or internal teams related to the respective PM
Necessary Strengths of a Candidate
- Well spoken
- Culturally fluent
- Problem solver
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks at once
Required Experience and Prior Knowledge Needed
- Around 5 years’ experience working in a sell side or buy side firm
- Experience working across the trade lifecycle (Equities, Futures, FX and Options)
- Experience in Execution Routing and Prime Broker workflows
- An understanding of the buy and sell side relationship
- Written and verbal English language skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
We’d love if you had:
- Knowledge in APAC market structure and regulation
- Prior experience interacting with Portfolio Managers running multi assets class investment strategies
- Local Asian language is advantageous
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across quantitative, fundamental equity and tactical trading strategies. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility, and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the equity markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure, and risk analytics. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.