Schonfeld is growing and seeking highly qualified and talented technologists across multiple development teams.
- The Portfolio Management (PORT) team at Schonfeld is tasked with creating a platform that serves as the golden data source for post trade operational data - near real-time positions, start-of-day position, end-of-day position, trades, executions and P&L.
- The Compliance technology team at Schonfeld focuses on building a comprehensive suite of applications for all areas of compliance from trade surveillance to regulatory initiatives such as MiFID.
- The Reference Data Management team at Schonfeld focuses on building a centralized data delivery and management pipeline allowing for the optimization of the day-to-day operations of the business.
- The Accounting & Valuation Technology Team at Schonfeld is responsible for providing accurate T0 and T+1 Position, P&L Data & Transaction via its shadow accounting system (Geneva) to various stakeholders like Fund Accounting, Valuation, Operations, Compliance, Risk, Business Analytics, etc. AVT team also captures and reports based off PM and Investor data, such as PM Payout terms, investor allocations, etc. It also serves as the golden source for official close EOD prices for the rest of the firm.
- The Treasury technology team at Schonfeld works closely with Schonfeld’s prime brokers and trading groups to provide best in class systems that manage Schonfeld’s securities lending and financing.
- The Risk technology team is responsible for building next generation systems to quickly analyze and report on streaming and historical data to enable quick decision making by our risk team, management team, and global portfolio managers.
- The Operations Technology team at Schonfeld is responsible for building and maintaining all systems related to the fund’s clearing operations and interfacing with internal accounting teams, brokers and portfolio managers.
What you’ll do
Senior Software Engineers at Schonfeld take on a wide range of responsibilities and challenges. They design, develop, deploy and support existing applications as well as new features and platforms. They run projects and lead initiatives. You will participate in an Agile framework, continuously improving and expanding platform capabilities based on rapidly changing business requirements as well as providing Level 3 support across the globe. You will contribute to a highly supportable, future-ready, performant code base that operates without latency. You will work with a modern tech stack – building microservices that deploy to the cloud (AWS) using containers (Docker). The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to solve problems and an interest in continuous improvement and learning.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- At minimum, seven years of experience in financial services
- At minimum, seven years of OO development experience
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with messaging systems (Kafka preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong ownership experience and a track record of delivering results
We’d love if you had:
- Experience implementing a microservices architecture
- Experience and knowledge of:
- Cloud services such as AWS
- Containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- DevOps methodologies such as CI/CD and build automation
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions. In our agile environment, engineers are expected to self-organize and collaborate on the best way to solve problems, and they are collectively responsible for the entire team's delivery. Engineering teams are small and cross-functional, and value learning and knowledge sharing.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.