About the team
At Scalemonk we know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and in order to achieve that we work with a broad technology stack and have a mindset of being fully responsible for our systems, from their conception to incident resolution and troubleshooting in production.
We own services that serve millions of requests per second with very low latency. We know this number will only grow and we're looking for engineers that can help with the challenges of developing systems that perform well at large scale.
About the role
We seek engineers with solid programming and systems design knowledge and experience. Since we are always looking for new tools and technologies that better solve our problems, we value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas.
As an experienced Backend Engineer, you'll be trusted to create and implement great solutions from problems requirements. You’ll also help your peers at achieving the same high quality standard of your own work.
What you'll do
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain systems that handle very large throughput and volume of data, some in real-time!
- Detect and fix problems in production environment.
- Contribute to the best practices of development, reliability, and availability of our systems.
More about you
- Ownership. You care about delivering great quality software and want your users to have the best possible experience.
- High scale and low-latency. You are excited about the challenges brought by high scale and low-latency requirements. You thrive when discussing the architecture and best practices of such systems and have great attention when developing its internals to ensure an efficient and easily maintainable code.
What you'll need
- College degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, a related field, or equivalent relevant experience
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- 3 or more years of professional experience in software development
- Experience in Go, Python, or similar coding language(s) - most importantly you should have the interest and ability to learn Go and/or Python
- Solid understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, algorithm analysis, concurrency, memory management, etc).
- Must be able to work from our Palo Alto, CA. office
- Experience solving API related problems and optimizing the performance of APIs
- Experience developing and maintaining systems with a high volume of requests
- Experience with Spark or Hadoop
- Experience developing systems in the ad tech ecosystem