ScaleFactor, one of Austin’s Best Place to Work and voted Coolest Company in Austin, is a high-growth SaaS company that combines trusted experts with intuitive software to solve businesses’ accounting and finance needs. We are experiencing an enormous amount of growth, and we need "A" Players to join our team here at ScaleFactor. If you are tech savvy and an exceptional Sales Tax Lead who is ready for the next chapter in your career and want to be a part of a fast-growing Fintech Company, then we look forward to speaking with you!
JOB TITLE: SALES TAX LEAD
You are a tech-savvy multi-tasker who can handle and deliver on competing priorities and deliverables. Your can-do attitude inspires your team and your speed in accomplishing tasks helps you thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. Your incredible attention to details enable you to identify and resolve problems quickly while you gather and analyze information accurately. You are a technically competent Sales Tax Lead and comfortable utilizing various accounting softwares to perform your job. Your superior communication skills enable you to get your point across completely and effectively. Your adaptability and resourcefulness to drive results create a direct impact in all areas of ScaleFactor, now and in the future.
Our Sales Tax Lead will work closely with our specialized off-shore accounting team. Tasks will vary from day to day but will include the following:
- Managing a team of specialists involved in processing a high volume of bank and credit card reconciliations and sales tax (primary role)
- Continuous training and development of new specialists team members
- Developing efficiencies and standardizing internal procedures and processes
- Collaborating with the Specialist Manager to continue to drive quality and efficiency throughout your specific group
- Working with our proprietary software to develop workflows and procedures for the specialist team
- Answering questions and escalations from the off-shore team in regards to tasks needing to be completed
- Daily handling of customer inquiries and issues on the team’s specific work
- Testing software updates and providing feedback to our engineering team
- At least 2 years of solid experience in a high volume comparable accounting role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience training and managing at least one other staff
- Proficient in Excel and possess a working knowledge of accounting concepts
- Experience with various accounting and operations software platforms, cloud-based accounting tools including, but not limited to Xero, QuickBooks Online
- Experience with sales tax for multiple states and a general understanding of sales tax principles.
- Experience with high volume reconciliations of complex banks and credit cards
- Experience working on multiple accounts simultaneously
- Financial Technology start-up company experience
- Work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2017 to 2019 - Amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, snacks, Topo Chico / La Croix / Waterloo
- Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete application online!
- Your one-page resume highlighting skills and requirements for the Sales Tax Lead position
Keywords: CFO, Controller, SOX/Internal Controls/Compliance, Auditor, Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll Specialist, Data Entry, Entry Level Accountant, Financial Reporting, SEC Reporting, Process Improvement, Management Consulting, CPA, CFA, MBA, Collections, Billing, Accounting & Financial Reporting, Financial Planning, Financial Analysis, Back Office Operations, Banking Operations, Collateral Management, Commercial Credit & Lending, Compliance, Corporate Actions, Credit Analysis, Underwriting, Derivatives, Equity Analyst, Fund/Portfolio Accounting, Government Clearance, International And Domestic Trade Support, Investment Analyst, Performance Analyst, Portfolio Administrator, Portfolio Analyst, Research Analyst, Intermediate Level Accountant,
Other: Financial Planner, Cost Accountant, Portfolio Manager, Finance Manager, Financial Reporting Analyst, International Controller, Financial Analyst, VP Of Finance, Treasurer, Assistant Controller, Bookkeeper, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Mutual Fund Analyst, Credit Analyst, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Manager, Financial Assistant, Director Of Investor Relations, Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Manager, Fixed Asset Accounting, Business Process Reengineering, Risk Management, Value-Added Analysis, SAP, GAAP, Financial Projections, General Ledger, Trial Balance, Financial Statements, Expense Analysis, Tax Reporting, Tax Planning, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Portfolio Management, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Financial And Strategic Planning, P&L Management, Auditing And Compliance, Operating And Working Capital, Budget Management, Mergers And Acquisitions, Cash-Flow Management, Business Valuations, Data Warehouse Reporting, Audits And Compliance, A/P, A/R, Regulatory Accounting, Microsoft Excel, Bank Reconciliations, Crystal Reports, Hyperion, Spreadsheet, Xero, Bill.com, Quickbooks, Abacus