If you love the fast-pace and high energy of the Austin start-up scene and you are looking for a role that allows your work to have a direct impact on a company’s success, come talk to us. We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer to add to our expanding engineering team!
You possess the entrepreneurial drive & spirit to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. You have the passion and skills to create high-quality products. You are goal oriented, self-motivated, tech-savvy and possess a can-do attitude and approach. Your adaptability, resourcefulness and versatility drive results that have a direct impact in all areas of ScaleFactor, now and in the future.
Site reliability / DevOps engineering is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run cloud-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) / DevOps Engineer ensures that ScaleFactor infrastructure has reliability and uptime to meet the needs of our ever-growing user-base while keeping a constant eye on capacity and performance. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, release automation, postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and user experience.
- Design and develop products and major components of the ScaleFactor platform which serves businesses
- Ensure our products scale and perform consistently and reliably
- Support releases before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response and postmortems
- Develop and maintain effective dashboards using our instrumentation tools (Datadog, RollBar)
Current Tech Stack is: Rails, Ember.js, and Postgres
- 3 to 7 years experience as a Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent software engineering and product development experience
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and ability to work with complex logic
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with AWS and other highly scalable cloud environments
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable messaging platforms
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, EmberJS, or PostgreSQL
- ScaleFactor was voted one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete application online!
- Your resume highlighting skills and credentials required for this position. Note this position is based in our Vancouver, Canada office!