If you love the fast-paced and high energy of the Austin start-up scene and you are looking for a role that allows your work to have a direct impact on a company’s success, come talk to us. We are looking for a Security Engineer to add to our expanding engineering team!
ScaleFactor is working to pioneer big change in our industry, and we need people that enjoy venturing into uncharted territory and blazing a trail with innovative solutions. We are a high-growth organization that combines trusted experts with intuitive software to solve businesses’ accounting and finance needs. Our trusted experts review businesses’ monthly financial statements to ensure accounts are accurate and healthy so owners and operators can focus on running their businesses. Our in-house team draws on their vast experience to provide skilled solutions to help business owners conquer their most complex financial needs.
You are a security engineer who has experience with application and information security. You possess the entrepreneurial drive & spirit to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. You are goal oriented, self-motivated, tech-savvy and possess a can-do attitude and approach. You get excited knowing that your work will be foundational to growing our business in the most secure and scalable way. Your adaptability, resourcefulness and versatility drive results that have a direct impact in all areas of ScaleFactor, now and in the future.
Responsibilities will vary significantly month over month, some of which will include the following day-to-day activities:
- You will be responsible for information security at ScaleFactor and shaping the org and influencing ScaleFactor’s engineering practices.
- You will be responsible for technical design reviews in order to ensure our products follow best practices
- Own compliance that is relevant to ScaleFactor (SOC2, PCI-DSS, GDPR etc.)
- Must have experience doing infrastructure audit, penetration testing
- Cross site scripting and bug tracking
- Set quarterly OKRs and execute towards them
- Run annual disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Run bug bounty programs
- Run the training process to ScaleFactor’s employees on security
- Create and run the incident response plan
- Perform vendor security audit and review
- Be a security evangelist
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in application and information security
- Must have experience running bug bounty programs
- Prior experience working with security vendors and software security review
- Experience managing large responsibilities and ability to wear multiple hats
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced startup environment
- Software or DevOps experience
- Come work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2017, 2018 and 2019 - Amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options
- Unlimited cold brews, beverages, snacks, and if we do not have a snack that you want - we will go and get it!
- Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete application online!
- Your resume highlighting skills and credentials required for this position