We are looking for a senior leader for the HR function here at SCALE Computing. The role will be based at our corporate headquarters, located at The Union 525 Building in downtown Indianapolis.
If you appreciate the excitement of navigating the tech industry’s equivalent of Class V river rapids, then Scale may the right place for you. We are a high-growth technology company that helped create the industry space known as hyperconverged infrastructure (think super-fast, super-smart, simple-to-administer computers used by companies to run their business). Our vision: To be THE infrastructure for small-to-medium IT shops.
As the Director of HR you will work from the center of Scale’s Corporate business operations and activities. You will be a key resource that helps our Management Team prepare for, and execute on, building the Best Organization in Tech. This is a build-from-the-base opportunity, with lots of white space to use. It is a roll-up-the-sleeves environment: there will be bottles to wash, a full commercial kitchen to help design…and everything in between. No two days will be the same.
So, why are we interested in speaking with YOU?
You are someone who sees a need and will help find a solution. You are a strategic thinker who is a student of organizations and how they behave. You have experienced the effectiveness of corporate structure and the agility of high-velocity environments. You believe you can help Scale achieve its vision of becoming “THE Infrastructure for Small-to-Medium IT Shops”.
You strive to make life a little easier for others by helping anticipate the choppy water and finding a way through, or at least providing a paddle. You are able to adapt to the Team’s needs and support its activities as we move forward together.
As a senior HR leader, you are confident and competent, with a healthy dose of empathy. Your integrity and objectivity will help you earn the trust of all Scalers. You are a skilled, active, open-minded listener, who is also comfortable with being the proxy for Management on key policy issues. You understand, and are able to communicate, where the ‘bright lines’ lay and why they are in place.
In addition to being organized and proactive, you have good business judgement, with an aptitude for practical problem-solving. You have the written and verbal communication skills to successfully interact with a variety of people, across a variety of business functions. In appreciation of the time of others, you pursue process where it makes sense, and go lightly where it does not. You think ‘outside of the box’… but always remember The Box.
At Scale, you will find a Company centered on our core values of Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, and Fun! We only hire the best people for the right jobs. We are an “all killer, no filler” organization and believe everyone has an important role. We look for highly-motivated, smart, fun people to fill those roles. That is how we are able to deliver the best technology to our Customers every day of every week, and every quarter of every year.
The role of HR Director is to provide guidance on the organizational development of Scale, including helping to draft an ‘organization development strategy’. The strategy will provide Management with a framework for growing and developing the broader Team at Scale.
The selected candidate will develop HR policies for the organization and help implement and monitor compliance, to ensure Scalers manage their activities and responsibilities in a consistent, professional manner. In turn, the HR Director will develop processes and procedures to help Employees and Management execute on, and comply, with those HR policies.
The HR Director will develop a high-performing HR Team. This Team will work across the organization to provide guidance and support on all personnel-related matters. The Team will ensure the appropriate tools and technologies are leveraged across the organization to support all Scalers.
The HR Director will lead his or her Team in the key activities of HR management at Scale. This includes the following focus areas:
1) Organizational Development: Advise Executive Team to ensure Scale has a well-managed strategy to support the growth and development of the organization, in terms of number of employees and breadth of job functions, and across a variety of geographies;
2) Staffing: Design and implement a high-velocity staffing plan and process, administered through a reliable tool/platform and well-prepared Management team;
3) Employee Development and Training: Create programs to enhance the professional development of all Scalers. A key initial project will be to define and implement the next phase of the Scale Employee Performance Planning process;
4) Compensation and Benefits: Evaluate the Company’s compensation and benefits offerings to ensure Scale provides competitive cash and equity compensation, as well as comprehensive, cost-effective healthcare options, to all employees. A key project here will be to conduct a compensation and job-leveling survey for the Company;
5) Legal Compliance: Ensure Scale and its employees remain compliant with all relevant legal employment requirements, both federal/national and local.
The HR Director will provide key support to the Executive Team as well as to the broader Management Team on all matters related to employee relations and organizational development.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- 10 years of relevant Tech HR senior leadership and/or management experience.
- Experience with building a high-performing HR Team.
- Ethical and professional approach to all dealings on behalf of Scale Computing.
- Passionate, enthusiastic, team player, with good judgment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities.
- Ability to work across all levels of an organization and to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and oral.
- Interest and experience in using technology to improve work efficiency.
- Experience in project management, leading from conception to completion.
- Experience with MicroSoft Office Suite, Google Mail and Calendar. PayCom, Greenhouse (or simila), and SalesForce experience a plus.
This position reports to the Scale CFO.
This position will offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including equity.
If you are looking for a career adrenalin-rush,
come join Scale Computing!