As a Product Marketing Manager at Scale Computing, you will be responsible for the messaging in outbound marketing activities for our edge computing solutions. The ideal candidate is familiar with how to communicate effectively with the different buyer personas of distributed enterprises.
In this role, you will craft the messaging and positioning for Scale Computing edge computing solutions in the emerging edge market and help develop innovative programs hand-in-hand with our marketing team to drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits and use cases is crucial. In your role as a Product Marketing Manager you will be the expert on the buyers of edge computing solutions, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel. The ideal candidate leans toward product management/engineering in their approach to absorbing new technology (very hands on!), but can distill the technical concepts down to something a target customer can absorb.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiate Scale Computing solutions in the edge computing market
- Thought Leadership - edge computing is an emerging market and you will help Scale Computing lead the industry conversations about edge computing use cases, best practices, and future directions
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of edge computing solutions
- Own the collateral - fill the gaps in collateral as they map to the buying process
- Create content and collateral including sales/channel presentations, demo scripts, white papers, data sheets, solution briefs, website content, etc.
- Identify product references for industry and customer referrals
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Be the expert on the edge computing buyer personas, how they buy and their buying criteria
- Work hand-in-hand with product management to be the expert on our competition both in terms of features/benefits as well as pricing
- Experience in working with salespeople and SEs to deliver messaging directly to partners and prospects
- Ability and experience in briefing press and analysts on the product solutions
- Experience in creating collateral for, and delivering the content, on webinars organized by Scale Computing marketing.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience
- Experience with marketing to distributed enterprise IT buyers a plus
- Hands-on experience with virtualization products and environments a plus
- Ability to dig in with new technology and translate technical capabilities into benefits
- Bachelor’s in business, marketing or engineering
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Willing to travel up to 25%
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Pragmatic Marketing familiarity a plus
About Scale Computing
Scale Computing is a leader in edge computing, virtualization, and hyperconverged solutions. Scale Computing HC3 software eliminates the need for traditional virtualization software, disaster recovery software, servers, and shared storage, replacing these with a fully integrated, highly available system for running applications. Using patented HyperCore™ technology, the HC3 self-healing platform automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects infrastructure problems in real-time, enabling applications to achieve maximum uptime. When ease-of-use, high availability, and TCO matter, Scale Computing HC3 is the ideal infrastructure platform. Read what our customers have to say on Gartner Peer Insights, Spiceworks, TechValidate, and TrustRadius.