Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration.
The mission at Scale Computing has always been to change traditional thinking about IT infrastructure and provide an alternative to complex and costly solutions. Scale Computing has provided innovation in storage architecture, hyperconverged infrastructure, edge computing, ease of use, and cloud-based disaster recovery. We are a high-growth technology company that helped create the industry space known as hyperconverged infrastructure. Our vision is to be THE infrastructure for MSPs, small-to-medium IT shops and distributed enterprises.
Scale Computing is the right fit for you if you are passionate about technology and embrace the opportunity to be part of a new and exciting shift in the industry. We pride ourselves in our company culture, developed around our core values of Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Fun, and Success! We only hire the best people for the right jobs. We are an “all-in” organization and believe everyone has an important role. We look for highly-motivated, smart, fun people to fill those roles. That is how we are able to deliver the best technology to our Customers every day of every week, and every quarter of every year.
As Account Manager, you are responsible for selling ScaleCare support contracts an replacement hardware through channel partners, working directly with end user accounts and partners to find the best plan of action for keeping their Scale servers under and active contract. You are responsible for contacting the accounts and their channel partners 90/60/30 days out from a support contract’s expiration date, then creating and sending a proposal that extends their coverage. By working alongside the rest of the Scale Computing sales team, you will also be responsible for uncovering new opportunities within existing end user accounts that create additional revenue through. Multi-year renewals and combining multiple support contracts is a must to exceed sales goals.
- Contact accounts and channel partners about expiring support contracts
- Utilize a consultative approach to discuss business issues and develop a formal proposal that addresses those needs
- Work to increase the value of the support renewal for the account
- Work to find the best solution for the account (renew vs. upgrade) and develop an appropriate account plan
- Follow up with all sales inquiries promptly to present Scale Computing’s products in a professional manner
- Sell appropriate replacement hardware on products not covered under ScaleCare hardware warranty
- Keep CRM platform (Salesforce) updated with accurate forecast and pipeline information
- Identify potential customers that can be utilized for reference selling
- Provide feedback to product management team to ensure Scale Computing’s product offerings stay competitive
- Work with the support team to ensure processes are managed correctly in relationship to an account’s current support contract(s)
- This position is based out of Scale Computing’s Indianapolis, IN headquarters and the candidate must reside locally
- Essential to success in this role is the ability to stay organized, be task focused, pay attention to detail and maintain multiple proposals at once
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees across multiple teams including sales, marketing, operations, system engineering, support, and account development
- Experience with account management, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems
- Ability to communicate with employees in the IT field about their business challenges and how Scale Computing can help them achieve their goals
- Proven track record of sales success over multiple quarters and years
- BA or BS Degree.
- Minimum 4 years of experience is encouraged.
- Personal Qualities: leadership abilities, integrity, work ethic, self-motivated, creative and driven.
- Proficient with verbal and written communications, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities.
- Ability to work across all levels of an organization and to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Has a strong understanding of the sales process and account management.
- Salesforce experience a plus.