Scale Computing is a high-growth technology company that helped create the industry space known as hyperconverged infrastructure (think super-fast, super-smart, simple-to-administer computers used by companies to run their business).
As part of a high-performance team, the Content Manager (CM) is responsible for overseeing the creation of high-quality content by authors, vendors, and subject matter experts (SMEs) for use in digital and print products; having content finished, which includes accuracy checking and copyediting; delivering final content to digital production; and overseeing the creation of print-ready files. The Content Manager works collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure content for assigned projects meets requirements and is delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Creates and maintains schedule and budget for all content sourcing, finishing, and print production activities
- Identifies appropriate content sources to fulfill stakeholder objectives
- Hires and manages content providers (authors, SMEs, vendors) and print production vendors to achieve schedule, budget, and quality standards
- In consultation with stakeholders, determines appropriate content review steps for all content types
- Successfully completes tasks that prepare quality content, including content updating, preparation, copyediting, working with design resources, and other content sourcing, preparation, and review tasks, for print and digital deliverables
- Manages all print production activities (copyediting, art creation, composition, proofreading, verifying, indexing, etc.) and oversees print products through manufacturing and delivery; provides final, approved content for digitization
- This role can be remote, but with some travel
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Overall content marketing program management: Create and manage content across the company—including the website, social media properties, signage, presentations, and email communications—and perform a wide array of digital marketing and communications functions.
- Content strategy development, creation and management: Help establish the goals and execution plan for driving leads through email marketing, self-funded marketing studies, conferences, social media, and webinars based on established deadlines and goals specifically:
- Blog: Work closely with company thought leaders and senior resource team to write and edit bi-weekly blog posts based on established content calendar and aligned with strategic initiatives. Also source guest blogging and other content exposure opportunities.
- Email campaigns and newsletter: Collaborate with business development and account staff to develop, refine, and track email marketing campaigns, including a monthly newsletter, leveraging Salesforce CRM and the Pardot marketing platform.
- Company presentations: Partner with product management, product marketing, company leadership, and sales leadership to create presentations that help different lines of business meet their objectives
- Webinars: Host and manage logistics and presentations for 5-10 webinars a year to help drive opportunities and pipeline
- Determining which topics to write about by collaborating with our team internally
- White Papers and EBooks: Writing content pieces and facilitating the creation of content by collaborating with team members
- Website: Maintaining our website and overall online presence
- Five plus years of content creation and marketing experience, preferably within a B2B technology organization
- Self-motivated problem-solver, adaptable, and eager to learn new skills
- Highly organized, able to create streamlined workflow structures and processes
- Consultative, cooperative, solutions-oriented, and service-minded perspective
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and organizations that reflect a broad range of experiences and perspectives
- Well-organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and prioritize projects
- Excellent computer knowledge/skills including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Pardot a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area, such as marketing, communications, public relations, or English