Job Summary: Accounting & Administration
Position: Staff Accountant
Division: Finance/Accounting Location: Indianapolis, IN
Overview of position:
Maintains the company's financial records and transactions including payroll and accounts payable; billing and collections; reconciling bank statements; and expense report processing. Assists with other operational activities including procurement and inventory management.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Responsible for month end close and account reconciliations
- In charge of all transactional accounting including purchase orders, accounts payable, cash disbursements.
- Processing employee expense reports
- Assisting in creating, managing and maintaining appropriate internal controls for all accounting functions
- Performing various assignments for other departments as directed
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Adept knowledge of basic accounting functions as they relate to payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger
- Working knowledge of Balance Sheet and Statement of Operations
- A Bachelor’s degree with an accounting concentration or equivalent experience is preferred
- A high level of proficiency in MS Excel and QuickBooks
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and a willingness to multitask
- Self-starter with ability to successfully perform with minimal supervision
- The ideal candidate would be highly process and systems oriented
- Works out of Scale Computing headquarters in Indianapolis, IN.
- Occasional travel required (little/no overnight).
Scale Computing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities of this role. Duties and responsibilities may be changed based on business need.