We are looking for a Systems Engineer (SE) to drive technical pre-sales of our integrated storage and virtualization appliances and software solution. The role will be home-based from Germany.
As a Systems Engineer you will be responsible for providing pre-sales and limited post-sales engineering support for selling Scale Computing solutions to existing and potential customers. System Engineers will utilize excellent technical and relationship building skills in working with vendors, partners and sales to ensure that optimum systems solutions are provided to customers.
At Scale, you will find a Company centered on our core values of Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, and Fun! We only hire the best people for the right jobs. We are an “all killer, no filler” organization and believe everyone has an important role. We look for highly-motivated, smart, fun people to fill those roles. That is how we are able to deliver the best technology to our Customers every day of every week, and every quarter of every year.
Scale Computing is seeking for an experienced Systems Engineer, located in Germany with a proven ability to see the technical “big picture” and help sales to exceed assigned overlay quotas, close accounts, and build new relationships with potential customers.
- Pre-sales ability to identify customer technical issues, and present the Scale Computing technology as a solution to those issues;
- Aptitude to build systems, install and demonstrate our solutions, run pilots and Proofs-of-Concept;
- Understanding to architect Scale Computing solutions to solve key customer problems at any level of the customer or partner technical organization;
- As needed, capability to provide onsite or on the phone support for customers in a post sales environment or with a services need;
- Interfacing with internal team members, assigned tasks and collaborate/mentor other Scale Computing technical personnel.
- 5+ years experience in a technical role. Pre-sales and/or customer-facing consultant a plus;
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task;
- Enthusiastic, self-starter approach to professional challenges;
- Proven track record of selling and delivering services as part of a solution;
- Ability to see and present the technical “big picture" and offer solutions to optimize;
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills;
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting;
- Ability to provide technical consulting to all range of customers;
- Ability to uncover and develop a technical solution to solve business challenges;
- Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management, and business continuity solutions strongly preferred;
- BA/BS required in a technical field (EE, CS, CIS, MIS, or a related discipline);
- Graduate degree is a plus Passionate “can do” attitude, eager to win;
- Integrity, strong work ethic, high level of personal commitment;
- Excellent business acumen;
- Self-directed, hands-on style;
- Excellent in German and English language;
- Collaborative team player, innovative, able to think outside the box;
- Ability to travel up to 50%.