Integrity. Innovation. Collaboration. Fun. These are the four core values of the Scale Computing culture. Our employees are intelligent, engaged, enthusiastic, and dynamic both inside and outside the workplace. With a focus on work-life balance and an eye on giving back to the communities we love, Scale Computing is proud of the work we do and the people we do it for. It is the people that actively create the Scale Computing vision, and we play as hard as we work!
What you’ll do
- Assist in ensuring that new features meet the designed criteria.
- Ensure that new releases meet or exceed previous releases in quality and stability.
- Work closely with both product, and engineering teams to ensure design outcomes match our ease of use product strategy.
- Identify and reproduce product specific bugs, and record findings for tracking and engineered resolutions.
- Perform manual testing of the Scale product and ensure its features work as designed.
- Assist support in tracking escalations for patterns that may be related to product design and/or implemented features.
- Document and create manual test plans that follow the expected behavior of new features and enhancements.
- Help maintain and build the datacenter environment used for engineering and automated testing.
What we’re looking for
- A BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication is a must.
- Organizational and/or project management experience with an attention to detail and accountability for individual tasks; an ability to self-motivate, research, document, and communicate progress and completion of tasks required (experience with Jira, or other case management tools a plus).
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems is essential.
- A foundational technical knowledge with computer hardware and software architecture, operating systems, virtualization, networking, and storage.
- A positive, can-do attitude! This is an open, fun environment meant to enable you to grow and reach your professional and personal goals!
Technical/professional knowledge preferred:
- Network administration
We have small team, so you will have a great opportunity to make an impact on the product, team, and company. We're a very interactive group, so you should enjoy collaborative design, development, and testing. Our team is highly motivated and experienced, and we enjoy sharing knowledge and learning from one another.
We use an agile style development process so our environment is collaborative, interactive, fun, and open to improvement. Scale's engineering philosophy is quality-oriented and emphasizes high standards across the software development lifecycle.
Diversity/equal opportunity statement
This description may not contain all the essential functions of the position. Scale Computing strives to comply with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities and it is our policy to offer employment to qualified individuals based solely on their ability to perform essential functions of the job regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, family status, political belief, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by law. This commitment applies to all persons at all levels of recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.