Scale Computing is in search of an Account Manager to Sell and Manage ScaleCare Support Contracts. The Account Manager position is based out of Scale Computing’s Indianapolis, IN. Headquarters.
As an Account Manager, you are responsible for selling ScaleCare Support Contracts and Replacement Hardware through Channel Partners; Working directly with Accounts and Partners to find the best plan of action for keeping their gear Supported. You are responsible for contacting the Accounts and Channel Partners 90/60/30 days out from the Support Contract’s Expiration date, reminding them of the upcoming Support Renewal and quoting out appropriately. You will also be responsible for uncovering possible Trade-up Opportunities and working with the Territory Reps to assist in building the best proposals for the Account.
Essential to success in this role is the ability to stay organized, being task focused, paying attention to details and juggling multiple Accounts and their Support Contracts at once. Being creative with Accounts, positioning Multi-Year renewals and Co-Terming Multiple Support Contracts is a must to exceed sales goals.
- Contact Accounts and Channel Partners about expiring Support Contracts
- Work to increase the value of the Support Renewal for the Account
- Work with Accounts and Channel Partners to find the best solution for the Account (Renew vs. Upgrade)
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with current Accounts and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs. (Renewal vs. Upgrade)
- Follow up with all sales inquiries promptly to present Scale Computing’s products in a professional manner.
- Develop an account plan to sell to customers based on their business needs.
- Sell appropriate replacement hardware on products not covered under Hardware Support.
- Keep salesforce updated with accurate forecast and pipeline information.
- Identify Scale Computing customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- Provide product feedback to Product Management to ensure Scale Computing’s products stay competitive
- Work with the Support Team to ensure correct processes are being taken in relation to the Account’s current Support Contract.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Operations, System Engineering, and Account Development.
- Experience with account management, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems as well as the competitive landscape.
- Ability to communicate with IT Admins, IT Directors and CXOs about their business challenges and how Scale Computing can help them achieve their goals.
- Proficient with Salesforce and understand the necessity to update it daily
- Strong track record of sales success over multiple quarters and years.
Education and/or Experience
- 2+ years of sales experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Strong multi-task capabilities
- Excellent customer skills
- Preferred previous experience in Account Management
- Competitive base plus commission, based on experience
- Health Insurance