At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of AI. We are hiring a Privacy & Regulatory Program Manager to take responsibility for the design and implementation of Scale’s privacy programs. In addition, you will develop a compliance scheme for regulation-specific requirements. You will join a creative and solutions-oriented team collaborating internally with stakeholders at Scale and externally with our customers and partners and advisors. We are looking for relentlessly curious, deliberately open-minded, and action-oriented generalists who can design effective and scalable operational processes while employing an empathetic interpersonal style that can build bridges across stakeholders and be flexible working on projects as company priorities shift. This position can be located in San Francisco or Remote. If you enjoy solving novel and challenging problems and building strong teams and relationships while doing it, we’d love to hear from you!
- Design and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations in support of our federal and commercial business including GDPR, CCPA, export control/OFAC, FAR/DFARs, FCPA, HIPAA, and GLBA.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, operations, people operations, security, and compliance to implement a privacy program.
- Conduct risk assessments together with key stakeholders.
- Maintain policies and program documentation.
- Manage privacy impact assessments, data subject rights processing, and privacy audits.
- Perform assessments of operational processes to identify and mitigate risks across the company.
- Prepare for and manage internal and external privacy audits.
- Strengthen the culture of compliance through thoughtful communication and high-impact training programs.
Ideally you’d have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of privacy program experience, a plus if you have built out any programs
- Experience leading cross-functional projects from conception to launch
- A track record of taking initiative and being resourceful to accomplish ambitious goals
- Effective organizational skills and and ability to juggle many competing priorities
- Experience with basic data analysis and reporting and an aptitude for using data-driven approaches wherever possible
- An ability to translate between business and technical risk and communicate clearly to business and technical constituencies
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude to tackle projects large and small, and a collaborative, low-ego approach to collaborating across the organization
- Deep interest in machine learning technology and applications
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- US citizenship
Nice to haves:
- CIPP or CIPM certification
- Experience in a regulated industry and/or tech start up
- Experience with federal contracts compliance
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.