Seller Community Growth Manager
Scalable is the abstraction layer for ecommerce. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs worldwide to start e-commerce businesses. By providing world-class physical and software infrastructure, we empower companies of any size to compete against the giants in ecommerce today.
Learn more at scalable.inc
We are hiring a Seller Community Growth Manager in China to join our rapidly expanding team. Many growth and marketing roles are largely administrative or "maintenance" of the status quo strategy set by the supervisor. This is a role that offers exposure to the front lines of community building/development, strategy creation and execution. The right candidate who proves themselves in the Seller Community Growth Manager role will grow quickly within the company. The Seller Community Growth Manager reports to the Head of Marketing of one of our key international brands. You will be involved in the conception and execution of seller community growth strategies, as well as the management and moderation of our online community. The Seller Community Growth Manager is the liaison between the sellers and the internal teams including Marketing, Product, and Engineering. You will focus heavily on building and growing our community by acquiring new sellers and identifying new opportunities in your assigned region. This position is ideal for an individual with a marketing/community management background in ecommerce who wants to be a part of an aggressive, growth-minded team that is not afraid to roll up their sleeves.
- Observe, communicate and connect with sellers from China to gather insights and deliver market analysis reports based on your findings
- Build and be the owner of community support for your region via effective communication that bridge the cultural differences
- Pilot and own new initiatives that best speak to the community insightfully
- Coordinate with team to develop strategies to maximize market growth potential and assist the Head of Marketing in calculating necessary budget estimates
- Execute strategy to support rapidly expanding seller community
- Work with the Head of Marketing and the Marketing team to proactively experiment with any combination of marketing channels, including online paid acquisitions, content marketing, viral marketing, and offline marketing
- Monitor day to day community activities, responding to inquiries and drafting communications and escalate necessary issues to team for prompt resolution
- An outgoing personality with a good sense of humor
- A bias for action with results-oriented thinking
- Strong, concise writing skills and exceptional verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- At least 1 year of community building, digital marketing, or social media management experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment
What our ideal candidate look like:
In addition to having the right technical skills, we're looking for someone that's intelligent, hard-working, and unreasonably ambitious. You should:
- Fluency in Chinese and English required.
- Be resourceful and independent: adapt to new/difficult/changing environments and devise ways to overcome obstacles
- Be excited about the idea of extremely fast growth
- Want to be a part of a fearless, results-oriented team
- Have a BA in Marketing or related discipline