Scalable builds world-class physical and software infrastructure to help entrepreneurs compete against today’s giants in ecommerce. By building world-class physical and software infrastructure, we will democratize ecommerce infrastructure and empower companies of any size to compete in today’s ecommerce.
Do you want to work at a company where you are encouraged to build and have the autonomy to push boundaries? Invention has become second nature at Scalable, the pace of innovation is only accelerating, and the breadth of our businesses expanding. Scalable's growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit, unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
You love coding and enjoy thinking about large scale technology ecosystems. Inefficiencies bother you. You want to have a large impact on the trajectory of an innovative e-commerce fulfillment group. At Scalable, this group has high visibility and is considered to be its foundation. You will have a broad scope of influence over the software design and architecture. You are ideally suited for this position if you are motivated and rewarded by seeing the results of your contributions. The ideal candidate will be a highly structured and process driven team member that can operate effectively in our fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Design and implement distributed platforms, with a focus on scalability and resiliency
- Effectively assess and solve performance and scalability challenges
- Build solutions with the demands of rapid growth
- Understand and apply trade-offs between consistency, availability and their costs
- Ensure operational readiness of our services and meet availability requirements
- Improve upon the modularity and consistency of our code base
- Help with the strategic advancement of our technology
- Participate in architecture design with team leads
- Provide mentorship for new teammates and spread good coding practices
- 6+ years Software Engineering experience
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working with our stack (React, Angular, Node.js, Express, MongoDB) or similar
- Ability and experience decomposing complex problems into solvable/explainable units
- Write modular, tested and reasoned code
- Comfortable jumping into and comprehending a large codebase in a short time
- Experience in web development and passion for building technology products
- Practical experience developing fault tolerant backend systems
- Experience with database modeling and design best practices
- Embrace the breadth of responsibilities in a rapidly growing startup