Print Application Manager
Development and continuous improvement of all settings and parameters for print equipment and supporting process machinery, software and hardware.
Job Description and Duties:
Working closely with Fulfillment Engineering, I.T., Operations and Facility Management, the Print Applications Manager is responsible for:
- Development and continuous improvement of Direct-to-Garment, Sublimation, and Digital Print image processing queues (RIP queues) for optimized reliability and efficiency
- Development and continuous improvement of print equipment Color Management profiles
- Development and monitoring of print equipment Color Management calibration, settings, parameters, and reproduction targets
- Research, development, testing, and continuous improvement of pretreat settings and pretreat usage optimization
- Research, testing, and evaluation of new pretreat formulas
- Development, continuous improvement, and monitoring of parameters and settings for supporting process machinery
- Research, functionality testing, and evaluation of new print equipment and supporting process machinery
- Implementation, support, and continuous improvement of print process software (CADlink, Wasatch) and hardware
- Development and functionality testing of new print machines for existing and planned print types and new print support machines for existing and planned print types
- 2+ years experience in digital production color management
- Experience working with DTG Printers and apparel printing
- Ability to follow a software full-cycle methodology and a strong ability to trouble shoot
- Organized and detail-orientated with excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to twist, pull, push, and stand for lengths of time
- Available to work overtime when needed, may be asked to work weekends and holidays
- Experience with with FIIX software
- Lean/Six Sigma
- Postsecondary degree in Print Technology, Print Production, Print Management, Fine Arts, or similar, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years as an Industrial or Continuous Improvement Engineer
Scalable Press is a technology company revolutionizing the e-commerce and print on demand industry. We believe that by investing in forward-thinking technology and infrastructure we can make it easier and faster than ever to sell custom printed products and more.
We own and operate a print manufacturing and fulfillment center in Indiana, and partner with global vendors to provide ecommerce fulfillment for sellers and customers worldwide. Our custom engineered systems, paired with our nationwide presence, allows us to push prices down to unprecedented lows, provide reliable quality, and offer fast turnaround times.
- Scalable Press has never raised funding - our company is bootstrapped and profitable.
- We have over 300 employees.
- We have over 170,000 sq ft of production space providing multiple print manufacturing lines.
- We print and ship millions of products globally each year.