Scalable is hiring a Product Manager, Distribution Channels for the Chip ecommerce platform. This role will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Remote candidates will be considered, but frequent collaboration with team members in Asia makes the Pacific timezone preferable.
The TeeChip ecommerce platform is like a mini-Shopify with some twists. We provide tools that let our customers set up their own web stores and stock them with print-on-demand and dropship products sourced from our own fulfillment centers or from third-party suppliers. When an order is placed, TeeChip processes the payment, orchestrates fulfillment, and handles customer support. Chip takes care of payment gateways, shipping, and customer support so sellers (our customers) can concentrate on merchandising and digital marketing.
We are looking for a Product Manager, Distribution Channels to create additional sales channels for Chip customers — specifically, marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, and eBay. This position requires experience with APIs and web-based user experiences. API-focused coding experience would be a major plus in this role, but you will have support from our engineering and design teams. This role is ideal for a developer who has moved, or wants to move, into a product management role.
You will help sellers list their Chip inventory on multiple sales channels, manage sales when they occur, and handle messaging and customer support requirements from the platforms. You will identify third-party partners (listing tool services) that we might work with, and you will identify and spec out functionality that must be developed internally.
This person reports to the Director of Product for Chip’s ecommerce platform, and will be an individual contributor.
- In this role you will work with customers, product managers, designers, engineers, and marketers to understand and articulate business and customer needs, develop product roadmaps, write product requirements and user stories, manage timelines, and measure your success.
- Develop new channels for inventory distribution (Amazon, Etsy, and eBay)
- Understand customer (seller) needs by working with customers, community managers, and our marketing and foundations teams
- Work with our Seller Experience team to build distribution tools into our seller account tools
- Understand the competitive landscape, and stay a step ahead of competitors
- Work effectively with designers, engineers, and marketers before, during, and after development
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision making
- 3+ years experience in a growth-focused e-commerce product management role
- Experience with quick release schedules
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Occasional domestic and international travel (<5%)
- An appreciation for, and ability to work effectively with, customers from countries and cultures around the world
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- E-commerce experience with a B2C brand, retailer, or marketplace
- Experience managing and making decisions based on large amounts of data
- Scalable has never raised funding; our company is bootstrapped and profitable
- We have over 500 employees
- Our diverse workforce represents five continents
- Our facilities include over 300,000 square feet of production space
- We have produced tens of millions of custom items
- 100% of our production happens in the US