Do you want to work with high caliber professionals in a dynamic and growing company? Are you entrepreneurial, hard-working, and collegial? Are you committed to advancing the clean energy revolution? Join us at SB Energy, the renewable energy company of SoftBank Group. Our vision is to become the global leader of the energy transition to clean sources of power.
SB Energy develops, constructs, and owns and operates some of the largest and most technically advanced renewable projects across the United States, with Headquarters in San Francisco, CA. The company was formed in 2015 as a subsidiary of Japanese multinational conglomerate SoftBank Group Corp. SB Energy entered the United States energy market in 2019 through the acquisition of 5 contracted utility-scale solar projects, bringing its contracted development pipeline to 1.7 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy projects in the US. In 2020, SB Energy started construction on these 5 new solar projects across California and Texas, created 10,000+ direct and indirect jobs, and will power 330,000+ homes when all 5 projects are complete.
SB Energy also collaborates across the SoftBank ecosystem of companies to innovate solutions for the power industry, including making investments in next-generation energy technologies such as iron-based battery company ESS, Inc. Come join us in accelerating the energy transition to cleaner, more sustainable sources of power!
The Associate Development Project Manager will support the development of large-scale renewable projects across the U.S. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of project development for solar and energy storage projects through execution and into construction. The position will collaborate with the Strategy & Investment, Engineering, Structured Finance and Construction teams across the full project lifecycle from origination / M&A to commission.
- Support the Development Project Management team through all aspects of large-scale renewable energy project development from initial project siting / M&A, through permitting, design, interconnection approvals, contracting, financing and handover to construction.
- Assist and eventually lead due diligence on portfolio acquisitions, help identify opportunities and risks, and work with the Development team to define priorities among multiple project portfolios based on development metrics.
- Prepare presentation materials and timely reports for use by Development Project Managers (DPM).
- Support the negotiation of critical project agreements including Module Supply Agreements, PPAs, IAs, EPC contracts and O&M agreements.
- Assist the Sr DPM in bringing projects through financing due-diligence efforts.
- Review contracts including interconnection agreements, PPA’s, EPC contracts etc. and track deadlines for internal project deliverables.
- Collaborate with internal team and external consultant(s) to evaluate the project site, project design, technology options and procurement strategies.
- Support the Sr DPM in developing and tracking project budgets, schedules, and forecast management, including coordinating project prioritization.
- Manage task orders in support of the Development team.
- Manage vendors and external consultants as required.
- Research and identify new market opportunities across the US and regularly track/update project information in our internal systems.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in development, project management, environmental/permitting or related field, preferably in the construction, infrastructure, energy/power, real estate or related industry.
- Experience in the renewable energy industry (highly preferred but not required).
- Some knowledge of environmental regulations, governmental rules and market trends that impact the project development in different markets.
- Experience or strong knowledge of managing the project budget and schedule.
- Experience or strong knowledge of project agreements such as MSAs, PPAs, EPC contracts and O&M agreements (preferred).
- Strong desire to learn and leverage existing experience to support the Development function for large-scale Solar and Energy Storage projects.
- Experience with MS Office (word, excel), MS Project, and PowerPoint.
- Expert communication and organization skills.
- Strong sense of ownership over individual contributions and team success.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Denver, CO, or Austin, TX preferred but not required. Open to remote work.
The position requires up to 25% domestic travel (once normal travel requirements resume).