Do you want to work with high caliber professionals in a dynamic and growing company? Are you entrepreneurial, hard-working, and collegial? Are you committed to advancing the clean energy revolution? Join us at SB Energy, the renewable energy company of SoftBank Group. Our vision is to become the global leader of the energy transition to clean sources of power.
SB Energy develops, constructs, and owns and operates some of the largest and most technically advanced renewable projects across the United States, with Headquarters in San Francisco, CA. The company was formed in 2015 as a subsidiary of Japanese multinational conglomerate SoftBank Group Corp. SB Energy entered the United States energy market in 2019 through the acquisition of 5 contracted utility-scale solar projects, bringing its contracted development pipeline to 1.7 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy projects in the US. In 2020, SB Energy started construction on these 5 new solar projects across California and Texas, created 10,000+ direct and indirect jobs, and will power 330,000+ homes when all 5 projects are complete.
SB Energy also collaborates across the SoftBank ecosystem of companies to innovate solutions for the power industry, including making investments in next-generation energy technologies such as iron-based battery company ESS, Inc. Come join us in accelerating the energy transition to cleaner, more sustainable sources of power!
The Senior Development Project Manager will lead the development of large-scale renewable projects across the U.S. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the development of solar and energy storage projects and execution into construction. The position will collaborate with the Strategy & Investment, Engineering, Project Finance and Construction teams across the full project lifecycle from origination / M&A to commission.
- Lead and drive the development of large-scale renewable energy projects from initial project siting / M&A, through permitting, design, interconnection approvals, contracting, financing and handover to construction.
- Manage and conduct due diligence on portfolio acquisitions, identify opportunities and risks, and define priorities among multiple project portfolios based on development metrics.
- Oversee project pro-forma models.
- Support the negotiation of critical project agreements including Module Supply Agreements, PPAs, IAs, EPC contracts and O&M agreements.
- Lead projects through financing due-diligence efforts.
- Collaborate with internal team and external consultant to evaluate the project site, project design, technology options and procurement strategies.
- Administer service agreements with development partners and manage the relationship with technical consultants, land experts and surveyors.
- Develop and manage project budgets and schedules and take a lead role in budget and forecast management, including coordinating project prioritization, and perform budget vs. actual analysis.
- Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional project teams.
- Identify new market opportunities across the US.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related field is essential.
- 8 to 10 years of development project management experience in the renewable energy industry.
- Experience with project real estate rights, land contracting, title resolutions and ALTA surveys.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations, governmental rules and market trends that impact the project development in different markets.
- Familiar with project grid interconnection element, interconnection studies, interconnection agreements and process.
- Proficient with managing the project budget and schedule.
- Proven experience with project agreements such as MSAs, PPAs, EPC contracts and O&M agreements.
- Hands-on experience with the day-to-day management of projects and demonstrated track record of successfully planning and managing projects from start to finish.
- Proven ability to lead diverse project teams in multiple regions with little supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Experience and expertise with MS Office (word, excel), MS Project, and PowerPoint.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Denver, CO, or Austin, TX preferred.
The position requires up to 25% domestic travel (once normal and safe travel requirements resume)