Do you want to work with high caliber professionals in a dynamic and growing company? Are you entrepreneurial, hard-working, and collegial? Are you committed to advancing the clean energy revolution? Join us at SB Energy, the renewable energy company of SoftBank Group. Our vision is to become the global leader of the energy transition to clean sources of power.
SB Energy develops, constructs, and owns and operates some of the largest and most technically advanced renewable projects across the United States, with Headquarters in San Francisco, CA. The company was formed in 2015 as a subsidiary of Japanese multinational conglomerate SoftBank Group Corp. SB Energy entered the United States energy market in 2019 through the acquisition of 5 contracted utility-scale solar projects, bringing its contracted development pipeline to 1.7 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy projects in the US. In 2020, SB Energy started construction on these 5 new solar projects across California and Texas, created 10,000+ direct and indirect jobs, and will power 330,000+ homes when all 5 projects are complete.
SB Energy also collaborates across the SoftBank ecosystem of companies to innovate solutions for the power industry, including making investments in next-generation energy technologies such as iron-based battery company ESS, Inc. Come join us in accelerating the energy transition to cleaner, more sustainable sources of power!
As part of the Structured Finance group, the Senior Analyst is responsible for supporting the successful and timely execution of financings of clean energy power plants. The Senior Analyst will join transaction deal teams for specific transactions, as well as support Structured Finance group internal activities and provide input to workstreams led by other departments across the company.
The role offers the opportunity to learn the clean energy business working with industry veterans at an ambitious and fast-growing platform. To finance clean energy power plants, the Senior Analyst will work across the project lifecycle including development, construction, and operations. The Senior Analyst will collaborate closely with functional groups across the company.
- Support financings as part of a deal teams, focusing on analysis, financial modeling, due diligence of capital partners, and workstreams around financial close
- Help drive execution to financial close and fundings
- Maintain strong relationships externally and internally
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and partners, including development, construction, operations, M&A, accounting, and risk management
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of company processes
- Be part of our open and positive culture
- Maintain uncompromising business ethics
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative major
- 2-4 years of experience in investment banking, finance, consulting, or similar space; preference for experience in power, infrastructure, or real estate
- Strong capability in MS Excel
- Avid learner
- Ownership mentality; comfort with speaking up and taking the initiative
- Self-motivated to do high quality work
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, Denver, CO, or Pittsburgh, PA preferred. Open to remote work.
The position may require up to 10% domestic travel (once normal and safe travel requirements resume)