About the role
As a Reverse Engineer on the Connect Team you are responsible for black-box application security analysis. You will build both low-level and high-level technical models of software internals with the aim of describing them and making them accessible to other non-experts. In addition to assisting in providing the attacker perspective for our development teams, you’ll get your hands dirty in debuggers, dynamic binary instrumentation tools, and static binary analysis frameworks.
In this role, expect to
- Improve the stability, quality, and performance of our data collection service.
- Collaborate with teams on cross‐functional projects to secure our services and data.
- Create well thought out technical plans that solve complex business problems.
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback and guidance to other team members.
To succeed in this role, you have
- Experience with software protection, anti-tamper, and binary analysis of web, native and mobile applications
- Knowledge of systems internals for Mobile Operating Systems such as Android and iOS
- Prior experience with tools such as JEB, Burp, Mitmproxy, Frida
- 5+ years of professional security experience
- Experience in information/network security, threat modeling, black-box security assessments
- Technical knowledge and extensive hands-on experience with security and networking architecture, networking protocols, network security design, intrusion prevention/detection, and firewall architecture
- Experience implementing capabilities within microservices and clusters
- Practical knowledge of systems installation, configuration, and administration of UNIX/Linux systems and virtual environments
- Familiarity with modern exploitation techniques, tools, and methodologies
Nice to have, but not essential
- Experience with fraud, anti-abuse, browser and device fingerprinting, and anti-bot systems
- Proficiency with container and cluster technologies, like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with public cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, etc)