About the role
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Connect Team you will be responsible for architecting technical solutions to business problems, providing guidance to less experienced engineers, and maintaining a high quality, performant codebase. You will be instrumental in ensuring the core functionality of our business is stable, scalable, well maintained, and continuously improving.
In this role, expect to
- Improve the stability, quality, and performance of our data service.
- Create elegant technical plans that solve complex business problems.
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback and guidance to other team members.
To succeed in this role, you have
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- 3+ years as a team or technical leader for a software engineering team or department.
- Product orientation – you care "why" instead of just building to a spec
- Mastery of ES6, Node, TypeScript, NoSQL, and Automated Testing
- The ability to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Passionate about eliminating technical debt
Nice to have, but not essential
- DevOps expertise
- Prior experience with Puppeteer
- Familiarity with GCP