About the role
We’re looking for engineers with a keen eye for detail and a healthy impatience for mediocrity. We're a cloud-native company and we’re serious about doing infrastructure the right way. That means code first, serverless where it makes sense, highly orchestrated containers, blue green canaries, continuous deployment and about 50 other hot 2021 devops buzzwords, some of which actually mean something.
Our core infrastructure problems are seldom scale in the traditional sense, our work revolves around building predictability, reliability and flexibility into the system. We integrate with all kinds of providers via every mechanism imaginable (and then some), and our core infrastructure team supports it all.
In this role, expect to
- Plan, implement and manage Trellis’s cloud infrastructure
- Develop proactive monitoring and alerting on signals of symptoms, not just outages
- Work closely with engineering to ensure deployed code performs as expected, has a consistent, automated and “boring” path from developers machine to production
- Identify opportunities to incorporate new technologies or techniques into our process that improve reliability, level of automation or ability to respond to incidents.
To succeed in this role
- You have more than a few years experience in cloud infrastructure, lots of comfort with kubernetes and ideally some experience with Google Cloud.
- Have a good understanding of how the web works, can set up an SSL certificate in nginx like tying your shoes.
- You can put continuous integration and deployment best practices into action.
- You have a “reliability” mindset, bare curious and diligent in discovering ways to improve reliability
- You have an eye towards security, are committed to preventing network intrusion
- Work quickly and efficiently with a good sense of prioritization.