SATURN TECHNOLOGIES - PRODUCT DESIGNER
Location: New York City / Remote (US) / Full timeApplicants must be authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa for this position at this time.
At Saturn, we’re on a mission to build a community around the calendar. We’re starting in high school helping millions of young people all over the United States manage their time and stay better connected with friends and their communities. We’ve raised more than $44 million in funding from General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Coatue, Jeff Bezos, Marc Benioff, and other top venture investors. Come join us to drive major impact on an energetic and ambitious team!
The Product Design team is an influential team that steers the future UX of the Saturn application. Our Designers work closely with our founders, leaders, and cross-functional Product partners (Product Management, Growth and Engineering) to create a comprehensive roadmap that delights our community.
To learn more about Saturn, visit joinsaturn.com.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team. You will be a core part of a small but impactful Design organization that develops new features for our mobile application. This role has an outsized impact on our user experience and the product’s evolution. Responsibilities will range from proposing groundbreaking ideas to refining the smallest interaction details. Your work will directly impact how millions of young people plan their day and interact with their friends and community!
What You’ll DoConceptualize, design, and prototype innovative new features, pitching directly to our leadership team
- Understand user needs and continuously improve upon existing features
- Own and drive the vision of a specific feature set
- Understand and research how our users interact with the app and their daily schedules
- Work with other Product stakeholders to create amazing experiences
- Assist with all parts of the design process from initial research and brainstorming to visual design and final hand off
- Partner with Engineers in order to ensure designs are properly understood and implemented
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding visual design skills
- Knowledge and passion for interaction design and design systems
- Ability to prototype interactive mobile experiences
- Ability to think about high level product strategy
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You use a data-informed approach to compliment Design thinking
- You have a growth mindset, willingness to consistently push the limits to grow the overall business
- You have a desire to build for the long term, valuing patterns and structures that allow for flexibility in an evolving product
- You have strong organizational skills with the ability to mentor and motivate team members
- BS / BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- 4+ years of relevant Product Design experience
- A strong portfolio with past examples of mobile and consumer tech products
- Expert proficiency in Figma
- Not required, but highly valuable bonus skills: motion design, illustration
Our CommitmentSaturn celebrates and embraces having a diverse team. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.