About the company
Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small inexpensive satellites that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
About the job
As a Remote Sensing Engineer you will work within the product team to ensure image product quality, customer requirements and delivery standards are met. You will also work closely with our engineering teams to ensure those requirements are taken into account by our image processing pipeline. Your tasks include managing and prioritizing customer requests, developing and implementing image processing algorithms where those requests are not met by our standard products and automating image quality metrics associated with our multi- and hyperspectral satellite imagery. You also will be responsible for the delivery of image products to clients.
You will be working with a highly diverse team of over 170 engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it everyday
The preferred location is Barcelona. Other options can be considered.
You have experience in satellite image processing and remote sensing. You have experience interacting with consumers of satellite imagery and understand their needs. You have strong problem analysis and solving skills and have proven coding skills, preferably Python.
- Advanced degree in Remote Sensing, Image Science, Photogrammetry, Astronomy, Physics, Computer Science or another related field
- You must have at least 3 years of hands-on/working experience
- Experience in satellite and/or aerial image processing, photogrammetry
- Proven experience interacting with users of satellite imagery
- Knowledge of image processing algorithms for optical remote sensing systems
- Proficiency in Python and/or C++, especially when applied to image processing pipelines
- Experience in image quality assessment
- Experience in distributed system and cloud processing
- Familiarity with commercial remote sensing software
- Knowledge of the current EO market
- Experience with hyperspectral imagery
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work. In order to apply, send us your updated CV and a cover letter explaining your level of familiarity with Machine Learning algorithms and programming languages (both are required).