Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
We are looking for a Software Engineer interested in designing, developing and maintaining software related to optical systems for telescopes, cameras, and star trackers. The software will be used for at our labs for experiments and in our manufacturing plant for production. In this role you will be part of the Optics team maintaining a continuous integration process while supporting optical engineers on its usage for quick loop development, and overseeing the code quality for maintenance and scalability.
In this role, you will:
- Gather requirements from the optics team to design and implement software components along with all corresponding tests.
- Design, implement and maintain software to automate laboratory measurements/data handling/data analysis.
- Provide support to optical engineers both for laboratory and plant manufacturing software.
- Assist optical engineers in developing software following best practices for maintainability and scalability.
What we value
- Proficiency in C, Python, and knowledge of C++, Qt, OpenCV.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Strong signal processing skills.
- Systems level programming experience, in particular POSIX-based operating system architectures.
- Familiarity with source code manager tools (gitlab or similar).
- Comfortable with teaching/assisting coworkers with defined procedures/code quality/etc.
- Fluent english speaker.
- Knowledge of manufacturing applications and experience in plant support is desired but not required.