Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
Telescope Product Owner
You will be responsible for the telescope as a product, a key part of our high-resolution satellite. You will define and prioritize the roadmap for the telescope, participate in the design of its basic and detailed engineering, coordinate the tasks of the different teams that implement those changes, and interact with our providers.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development of the spaceborne telescope technology of Satellogic.
- Be in charge of the design, development, AIT process, commissioning and on orbit performance of the telescope as part of the team of Optical Payload.
- Negotiate the prioritization of the different tasks, coordinate them, and track their progress
- Translate the high level requirements for the telescope to lower level ones
- Work closely with external providers and consultants in large scale projects
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment; collaborate with experts in different fields, such as optics, electronics, structural and thermal engineering, and image processing
What we value
- Degree in Optical, Mechanical, Thermal or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience with optics, preferably spaceborne telescopes
- Experience tracking projects and working with external providers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to lead multidisciplinary tasks
- Good communication skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.