Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
DIPAQ Team Leader
In this role you will lead the development of computational imaging technologies and systems to process satellite imagery and be responsible for team management (allocation of resources, meet service level quality agreements, team members training plan, etc).
In this role, you will:
- Lead the Dipaq team, distributed across different time zones
- Distributed images processing architecture design and implementation
- Work on challenging image processing problems: image registration, satellite pose estimation, sensor self-calibration, 3D-reconstruction from stereo-pairs, blind psf deconvolution, radiometric calibration, modelling of and compensation for atmospheric effects, accurate and efficient orthorectification, cloud detection, advanced derived products.
- Develop algorithms for real-time on-satellite, and offline big data processing.
- Contribute to high quality image products: subpixel accuracy; seamless rasters, sharp & denoised imagery.
- Work with world-class talented group of software engineers and scientists to design and implement cutting edge satellite technologies such as optics, space navigation, thermal engineering, data science, and machine learning
- Design, development and implementation of scalable, high-performance, cloud based, image processing software components
What we value
- M.Sc. in computer science, signal processing, applied mathematics or equivalent
- Complementary Education: Big Data + Cloud Computing
- Experience: +6 years
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to lead teams distributed across different time zones
- Agile software management experience
- Ability to search for solutions, exploring different alternatives permanently
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.