Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
AOCS Navigation Sensor Systems Engineer
As AOCS Navigation Sensor Systems engineer, you will be end-to-end responsible of our navigation sensor products during their whole lifetime: conception, design, support during manufacturing, acceptance, in-orbit commissioning, support during launch, operations, and decommissioning. A product is a complex multidisciplinary system performing a certain function.
In this role, you will:
- Translate high level requirements into sensor requirements and specifications. Pull and push requirements from and to other products.
- Know all technical details and trade-offs involved in the conception, design, manufacturing, and operation of navigation sensors such as gyroscopes, magnetometers, sun sensors, and GNSS receivers.
- Be aware of the current navigation sensor technologies and algorithms.
- Deal with external suppliers around the world. Travel as often as necessary.
- Assess performance, quality, manufacturing efficiency, lifetime, and reliability of the product in order to meet company goals.
- Agily shoot software or hardware changes to improve performance, quality, manufacturing efficiency, lifetime, and/or reliability of the product if required to meet company goals.
- Create projects, summon manpower, and conduct interdisciplinary research or engineering in order to meet product requirements.
- Manage manufacturing, assembly, integration, deploy, commissioning, and operation issues related to the product.
- Develop test equipment and be involved in laboratory test activities
- Define acceptance criteria and testing for each product part during production.
- Offer tier 3 support during manufacturing, commissioning, and operations regarding his/her product.
- Design metrics to evaluate support load and trigger changes in production/launch/operations if needed according to current support load statistics.
What we value
- Msc or equivalent experience in aerospace, aeronautical, or electronics engineering
- Programming (Matlab, Python, C/C++)
- experience in writing proposals and planning tasks
- Experience in guidance, navigation, control, astrodynamics, statistics, programming, GNSS, gyroscopes, and/or signal processing will be valued.
- Advanced English
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.