Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
Image Processing Engineer
In this role your main mission will be the design, development and implementation of scalable, performing satellite image processing software algorithms - required for an ever growing constellation of satellites which feed the system with images of the world.
In this role, you will:
- Tackle challenging problems: radiometric calibration, modelling of and compensation for atmospheric effects, accurate and efficient orthorectification, cloud detection, construction of bank of GCPs, advanced derived products.
- Develop robust algorithms for real-time on-satellite, and offline distributed big data processing
- Contribute to high quality of product: subpixel accuracy; seamless rasters, sharp & denoised imagery.
- Work in multidisciplinary environment; collaborate with experts in different fields, such as optics, space navigation, thermal engineering, data science etc.
What we value
- M.Sc. in computer science, signal processing, applied mathematics or equivalent.
- Python proficiency, rasterio, GDAL, numpy, opencv
- Experience with image processing or computer vision,
- Experience with:
- Geometric corrections, orthorectification, stitching, accurate geolocation of satellite images,
- Radiometry correction and calibration, atmospheric corrections and.
- Image quality improvement and evaluation (noise, sharpness, dynamic range)
- Experience with remote sensing or GIS.
- Previous work with aerial/satellite imagery.
- + 3 years of image processing or computer vision in industry.
- Advanced English
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.