Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
In this role, the ideal candidate will assist in all research activities. particularly in implementing proof of concepts to evaluate different solutions, including software algorithms (machine learning and others) and some hardware systems (mostly small systems integration). Also help in communicating and foster cross-team communication of mostly technical aspects of what we do or may do in Satellogic.
In this role, you will:
- Implement proof of concepts to evaluate different solutions
- Evaluate particular technologies taking into account a mid-long term vision
- Communicate and help foster communication of technical aspects across Satellogic
- Assist in research activities in general
What we value
- Python and C programming, shell scripting.
- Machine/deep learning architectures implementation.
- Image processing and computer vision algorithms knowledge.
- Hardware devices integration and basic electronics knowledge
- Good communication skills
- High level of tolerance to uncertainties
- Love for excellence and problem solving
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.