Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
We are looking for an Operator to join our Satellite Operations team. The successful candidate will work in one of the three available shift from Wednesday to Sunday in different slots (6 am to 2 pm or 2 pm to 10 pm or 10 pm to 6 am) at our Buenos Aires office as a member of Satellite operations team and will be responsible for performing real-time and off-line satellite operations, maintaining our constellation running all the time.
In this role, you will:
- Maintenance of satellite and ground communications equipment and its associated devices
- Manage and diagnose problems on remote Linux (Debian) servers
- Check systems errors, logs, Filesystem
- Monitoring link problems
- Provide support to other work teams
- Support the development, integration and test, operations and maintenance of control center systems for satellites in our constellation, including generation of email and phone alert notifications
What we value
- Knowledge of Linux systems, preferably Debian
- Knowledge and understanding of network protocols and infrastructures
- Experience reading code, Python preferably
- Must be able to communicate unequivocally with suppliers in english language
- Knowledge of monitoring tools
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to coordinate multiple complex tasks effectively
- Experience developing and maintaining operational procedures is a plus.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.