Do you thrive at solving problems and enjoy building relationships?
Are you motivated, curious, and organized?
Join Satellite's Sales Career Accelerator and launch your career in modern technology sales right here in Tulsa. Graduates from our 8-week no-cost training program earn upwards of $60k per year in careers that challenge and reward them both personally and professionally.
Begin your transformation today! Learn more and apply below.
About Tech Sales
Modern tech sales is about finding and connecting with business leaders, understanding their challenges, and creatively figuring out how your company’s tech product can positively impact them. You don't need to have a technical background, and modern sales is NOT like what you'd imagine from visiting a car dealership or watching movies. It's a positive and collaborative environment where you combine skills you already have (communication, problem-solving) with sales-specific ones that you learn during this program.
Your Job Role
The program trains you to be a Sales Development Representative (SDR), which is an entry-level position that plays a critical role in expanding the customer base. In partnership with an Account Executive (AE), SDRs convert cold outreach into qualified opportunities and new clients. This is one of the fastest growing roles in sales careers and is an outstanding entry point to the company. You will learn broadly about the company, its products, and business in general, setting you up for career advancement into a wide variety of customer-facing roles.
Specifics of what you'll be doing in an SDR role:
- Research and qualify target accounts by understanding the needs and requirements of prospects
- Identify decision makers and other stakeholders that would qualify as a qualified appointment
- Leverage outbound social, email, and phone touchpoints to uncover interested prospects
- Schedule meetings with stakeholders to deliver product demonstrations and discovery calls
- Partner with other parts of the sales function to collaborate on pipeline generation
- Maintain a pipeline of target prospects that aren’t interested right away
Satellite's Training Program
The 8-week Career Accelerator is a skill-based training program consisting of a mix of independent learning, weekly group practice sessions, weekly Q&A sessions with sales experts, and individual mentorship. Meetings are scheduled in the evenings to accommodate participants' daytime commitments.
As you complete the program we will match you with employers in our network. We support you completely through the interview process and you are in full control of where you would like to work. Once you are hired, you can expect to earn a base salary in the $36,000 - $42,000 range with total earnings to be more than $60,000 (including variable performance-based compensation).
The training program's participant cost of $2,000 is covered by tuition assistance. Thus, there is no cost currently to participate in the program provided you give it your all and complete the program and interviews with Satellite's hiring partners.
Training Program Requirements
You do NOT need to have existing sales experience or tech knowledge to thrive in the program. You just need to be:
- Driven and passionate about your career
- Responsive and skilled at both written and verbal communication
- Curious and willing to dive in to ambiguous situations
- Collaborative and supportive of your teammates
- Excited to connect and build relationships with business leaders
- Organized and capable of managing your own time and work
To participate in the training program you must meet the following requirements:
- Willing and able to commit 12-15 hours per week to the program, including attending all scheduled program meetings (two weekday evenings per week)
- Ready for interviewing and employment in 8-10 weeks from program start
- Internet connection that supports video conferencing, a webcam, and a quiet place from which to join the meetings; due to the pandemic all course meetings are online and require video participation
- Located in the Tulsa area or have existing plans to move there before the program starts
- Eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer and are at least 18 years old
At Satellite, we believe in a world in which opportunity for meaningful and lucrative sales careers is distributed as evenly as the talent. That all individuals who are curious, coachable, hard-working, and motivated should have access to rewarding careers in the tech industry, not just those that happen to live in existing tech hubs. We unlock this human potential in up-and-coming cities by providing skill-based training, mentorship, and apprenticeship programs. All together, these help individuals build the skills and experience needed for this career transformation. By focusing on particular cities, we also positively impact each local community's ecosystem by creating powerful decentralized working communities that are part of a national interconnected workforce.
If you are interested in joining the Satellite Career Accelerator start your application below! We will send you a link to complete the remaining application questions, which you must do within two business days. We will promptly review your application and contact you to schedule an interview if you look to be a good fit.