We are looking for a Manufacturing Process Engineer who is passionate about helping people live healthier, happier lives. As a member of the Process Development Group, you will work on developing and refining the tools and methods used to produce Sano’s novel sensor platform. You will work closely with the rest of Sano’s multi-disciplinary engineering team (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, silicon process development, software, manufacturing engineering) to support the integration of new sensors into a finished product.
What you will be doing:
- Develop new hardware, methods, and techniques to manufacture Sano's next generation biochemical sensors.
- Define and execute experiments to validate sensor, instrument, and hardware performance.
- Optimize sensor performance by developing novel coatings and deposition processes.
- Prototype and build new hardware and instrumentation to support sensor production.
- Analyze experimental results and present results to the R&D and OPS team.
- Maintain QA/QC documentation and processes.
- Develop and maintain lab code base for data acquisition, sample tracking, and data analysis.
- Partner with the Hardware and Production teams to implement new sensor designs.
- Optimize and qualify deposition processes, materials, and equipment for production.
- Work with production partners on process transfer.
What you will bring:
- MS or PhD in chemical engineering, chemistry, or related field.
- 8+ years of research experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experience with polymer chemistry, analytical chemistry, electrochemistry, silicon processing, biosensor development or bioMEMS.
- Experience with process development and transfer from R&D to production.
- A proven ability to plan, write and execute experiments.
- Strong communication skills and experience interfacing with external vendors.
- A detail-oriented mindset that is thorough and precise.
You will stand out if:
- You have experience with Python, C++, or SQL.
- You have electrical engineering experience
- You have prior start-up experience and can quickly find your bearings in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment.