We are looking for an Associate Scientist who is passionate about helping people live healthier, happier lives. As a member of the R&D team, you will work on refining and expanding the capabilities of Sano’s novel sensor platform. You will work closely with the rest of Sano’s multi-disciplinary engineering team (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, silicon process development, software, manufacturing engineering) to support the integration of new sensors into a finished product.
What you will be doing:
- Define and execute experiments to validate sensor performance.
- Optimize sensor performance by developing novel coatings and deposition processes.
- Develop new sensors for future products.
- Analyze experimental results.
- Develop hardware, assays, and experimental techniques to test and develop new sensors.
- Present results to the R&D team.
- Work with the Hardware and Production teams to implement new sensor designs.
What you will bring:
- BS or MS in chemistry, biophysics, bioengineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of research experience.
- Experience with polymer chemistry, electrochemistry, biosensor development or bioMEMS.
- A proven ability to plan, write and execute experiments.
- Strong communication skills.
- A detail oriented mindset that is thorough and precise.
You will stand out if:
- You have experience with process transfer from R&D to production.
- You have experience with Python, C++, or SQL.
- You have prior start-up experience and have the ability to quickly find your bearings in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment.