We are looking for a Senior Scientist who is passionate about helping people live healthier, happier lives. As a senior member of the R&D team, you will work on refining and expanding the capabilities of Sano’s novel sensor platform. You will work closely with the rest of Sano’s multi-disciplinary engineering team (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, silicon process development, software, manufacturing engineering) to support the integration of new sensors into a finished product.
What you will be doing:
- Develop new hardware, assays, and experimental techniques to test and develop Sano's next generation biochemical sensors.
- Define and execute experiments to validate sensor, instrument, and hardware performance.
- Optimize sensor performance by developing novel coatings and deposition processes.
- Heavy emphasis will be on developing and utilizing electrochemical assays and techniques to advance sensor performance and characterization of the sensor.
- Prototype and build new hardware and instrumentation to accelerate R&D.
- Analyze experimental results and present results to the R&D team.
- Maintain QA/QC documentation and processes.
- Partner with the Hardware and Production teams to implement new sensor designs.
- Optimize and qualify deposition processes, materials, and equipment for production.
- Work with production partners on process transfer.
What you will bring:
- MS or PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science, or related field.
- 8+ years of research experience. Preferably with 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experience with electrochemistry, plating, biosensor development or bioMEMS.
- A proven ability to plan, write and execute experiments.
- Strong communication skills.
- A detail oriented mindset that is thorough and precise.
You will stand out if:
- You have experience with process transfer from R&D to production.
- You have experience with electroplating as well as electrochemical biosensors.
- You have prior start-up experience and have the ability to quickly find your bearings in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment.