We are looking for a Packaging Process Engineer who is passionate about helping people live healthier, happier lives. You will be working on developing and refining the manufacturing processes for integrating Sano’s proprietary silicon chip into the final product. You will work closely with the rest of Sano’s multi-disciplinary engineering team (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, silicon process development, software, manufacturing engineering) to support the integration of new sensors into a finished product.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and optimize manufacturing processes for integrating Sano’s silicon biosensors in the product.
- Lead selection of adhesives and materials for packaging and integration.
- Optimize yield and throughput of assembly processes.
- Program and maintain tooling and processes to support development builds and R&D activities.
- Maintain QA/QC documentation and processes.
- Develop and maintain code base for equipment automation, sample tracking, and data analysis.
- Partner with the Hardware and Production teams to implement new sensor designs.
- Optimize and qualify deposition processes, materials, and equipment for production.
- Work with production partners on process transfer.
What you will bring:
- BS or higher in a technical field.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience with high volume manufacturing.
- Experience with process development and transfer from R&D to production.
- Experience with programming and running robotic assembly equipment.
- Experience with process development and transfer to large manufacturing partners.
- Strong communication skills and experience interfacing with external vendors and R&D.
- A detail oriented mindset that is thorough and precise.
You will stand out if:
- You have experience with Python, C++, or SQL.
- You have experience with silicon processing and packaging.
- You have prior start-up experience and have the ability to quickly find your bearings in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment.