Advancing the World’s Technology Together
Our technology solutions power the tools you use every day--including smartphones, electric vehicles, hyperscale data centers, IoT devices, and so much more. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to be part of a global leader whose innovative designs are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and powering the future.
We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We’re dedicated to empowering people to be their true selves. Together, we’re building a better tomorrow for our employees, customers, partners, and communities.
What You'll Do
SAIT creates disruptive technologies as well as new technology convergence by combining Samsung's most advanced technologies. SAIT also conducts science-based research in promising new areas to generate novel, powerful solutions to pressing global problems.
Location: Onsite at our San Jose office/headquarters with the ability to travel (when appropriate) to stay current on academic research and industry activities in relevant technical area by attending seminars, trade shows, conferences, and other pertinent events; travel to South Korea when necessary to build relationship and communicate results..
- Closely follow AI technical developments and trends happening in academia, startups, and industry.
- Prepare regular reports on these developments for the relevant technical labs in Samsung to inform project direction and to support strategy development.
- Identify gaps and competitive threats; stay up-to-date on latest research, understand macro/micro market trends and competitive threats to provide insightful strategic recommendations in artificial intelligence, semiconductor, and other high tech fields.
- Work with technical leaders to communicate key trends and developments in AI/ML from the perspective of both SW/algorithms, and development in semiconductor devices, systems and/or architectures.
- Be the authority on the AI algorithm and parts of the semiconductor and computing landscape in North America and use that knowledge to identify new technologies and elucidate how they may impact Samsung’s future competitiveness.
- Be a consultant to our internal research groups to help them better understand applications, use-cases, and commercialization potential of their R&D.
- Be willing to explore and navigate new technical areas as business needs arise to provide strategic insights that may shape future R&D strategy.
- Develop and steward relationships in the academic community for the purposes of university relations, research collaboration identification/support, and technology sensing.
- Work to create new open innovation approaches that better allow Samsung to leverage external resources toward solving internal challenges.
What You Bring
- BS degree + 5 years of exp, MS degree + 3 years of exp, PhD + 0 years of exp, degree in EE/CS/ECE with deep technical experience in AI/ML/deep learning topics or expertise in semiconductor technology, devices, systems and/or architectures.
- Strong analytical skills to identify opportunities towards improving the future of AI computing.
- Experience interacting with researchers from academia, and preferably experience in some form of university relations activity.
- An ability to navigate complex multinational/multicultural organizations.
- You’re inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people.
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding.
- You’re collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches.
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change.
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The pay range for roles at this level across all US locations and job function is displayed below. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well.
What We Offer
An investment in your future, is an investment in ours. That’s why we offer a diverse package of benefits centered around the wellbeing of our employees and their loved ones. In addition to competitive compensation and the usual Medical/Dental/Vision/401k, our inclusive curation of benefits empower our people to care for their whole selves.
Give Back With a charitable giving match and frequent opportunities to get involved, we take an active role in supporting the community.
Enjoy Time Away You’ll start with 4+ weeks of paid time off a year, plus holidays and sick leave, to rest and recharge.
Care for Family Whatever family means to you, we want to support you along the way—including a stipend for fertility care or adoption, medical travel support, and an errand service.
Prioritize Emotional Wellness With on-demand apps and paid therapy sessions, you’ll have support no matter where you are.
Stay Fit Eating well and being active are important parts of a healthy life. Our onsite Café and gym, plus virtual classes, make it easier.
Embrace Flexibility Benefits are best when you have the space to use them. That’s why we facilitate a flexible environment so you can find the right balance for you.
To help keep our employees, customers, and communities safe, we’ve developed guidelines for our teams. Currently, we encourage vaccination for all employees, and may require it depending on job functions (e.g., traveling for business, meeting with customers). While visiting our offices or attending team events, we ask employees to complete a daily health questionnaire and complete a weekly COVID test. Our COVID policies are subject to change depending on public health, regulatory and business circumstances.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Samsung Semiconductor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed and empowered to do their best work. We hire the best talent for our teams, regardless of race, religion, color, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, or veteran status. Our focus is on hiring teammates with humble expertise, kindness, dedication and a willingness to embrace challenges and learn together every day.