Title: 2023 Visual Design Intern – Mobile Platform Solutions
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Mobile Platform Solutions (MPS)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Overview: Samsung Research America (SRA) plays a pivotal role in developing the next generation of discovery in software, user experience and services for future products that can enrich your life.
Our mission is to research and develop new technologies by collaborating with the best and brightest and creating a collaborative environment between industry and academia. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, with locations in many technology centers in North America, SRA is driven to build a culture of innovation that rapidly translates research and new ideas into the unexpected.
At Mobile Platform Solutions (MPS), we are looking for a passionate visual design intern to help support our applications and services for Samsung's array of B2B products. In this position, you will join a collaborative team of world-class designers and be able to learn and grow from the experience.
We are looking for an intern who is available for a 6-month internship. You’ll be working collaboratively with a cross-disciplinary team and senior UX and product mentors to help users achieve their goals and needs to craft great user experience using consistent and best-practice visual techniques. Day to day tasks will include working on innovative Knox solutions from concept to launch. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate Design Thinking while developing detail level work flows, wireframes and visual design using an established design system.
- Review and evaluate current designs and improve them visually following the latest design system
- Create high fidelity screens from existing wireframes based on established elements in the current design system
- Develop Figma prototypes that can be used by our internal teams to share with external stakeholders for validation and user testing
- Review work with the design team to ensure it meets product requirements and basic UX/UI guidelines
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, related field of study or equivalent work history
- Passionate about user-centered design for web and mobile experiences
- Expertise in visual design principles including typography, hierarchy, color, space, and consistency
- Portfolio that demonstrates the design process and visual design solutions that also showcase your prototyping skills
- Fluency with common design software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe suite) for the creation of visual design, prototypes, and presentations
- Agility in creating digital sketches/prototypes from lo-fi to hi-fi
- Open communicator with excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The hourly pay rate range for roles at this level is $28 and $70 but may be higher or lower in other states due to geographic differentials in the labor market. Within the hourly pay rate range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email SRA_HR@samsung.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.