Title: Security & Privacy Research Intern - KNOX team
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Mobile Platform Solutions
Location: Mountain View, CA
Overview: Samsung Research America (SRA) plays a pivotal role in developing the next generation of discovery in software, user experience and services for future products that can enrich your life.
Our mission is to research and develop new technologies by partnering with the best and brightest and creating a collaborative environment between industry and academia. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, with locations in many technology centers in North America, SRA is driven to build a culture of innovation that rapidly translates research and new ideas into the unexpected.
Come and get real world experience developing innovative solutions at a global leader in the mobile revolution! Samsung internships enhance your academic goals by providing the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and apply learned theory on real commercial projects.
Samsung KNOX™ (https://www.samsungknox.com/) is Samsung’s guarantee of security, and a secure device gives you the freedom to work and play how, where, and when you want. Samsung Knox consists of a highly secure platform built into Samsung devices and a set of solutions that leverage this platform. Whether you would like to keep your personal photos private, or remotely manage a batch of business smartphones, Knox has you covered.
Come join the Samsung KNOX team and help us define and develop the future role of security and productivity for Samsung devices and services!
Interns will have the opportunity to explore cutting-edge applied cryptographic techniques to protect user privacy, and deploy the next-generation privacy-preserving solutions for Samsung Knox products and services.
- Explore cutting-edge Security & Privacy technologies for Samsung products and service
- Demonstrate the feasibility and usability of solutions by developing quick prototypes and proof-of-concepts
- Design experiments, perform evaluations, and apply enhancements to our products
- Publish research results in top venues and/or file patents
- PhD students in Computer Science or relevant fields.
- Solid background in fundamentals, algorithms, protocols in applied cryptography.
- Previous research experience on privacy related subject areas.
- Expertise in Homomorphic Encryption
- Expertise in Secure Multi Party Computing
- Expertise in Verifiable Computation
- Expertise in Zero-Knowledge Proofs
- Expertise in Differential Privacy
- Expertise in Privacy for ML
- Expertise in Blockchain-based privacy-preserving system
- Publication record in top conferences in related fields
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.