Title: AI Research Intern - KNOX team
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Mobile Platform Solutions
Location: Mountain View, CA
Overview: Samsung Research America (SRA) plays a pivotal role in developing the next generation of discovery in software, user experience and services for future products that can enrich your life.
Our mission is to research and develop new technologies by partnering with the best and brightest and creating a collaborative environment between industry and academia. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, with locations in many technology centers in North America, SRA is driven to build a culture of innovation that rapidly translates research and new ideas into the unexpected.
Come and get real world experience developing innovative solutions at a global leader in the mobile revolution! Samsung internships enhance your academic goals by providing the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and apply learned theory on real commercial projects.
Samsung KNOX™ (https://www.samsungknox.com/) is Samsung’s guarantee of security, and a secure device gives you the freedom to work and play how, where, and when you want. Samsung Knox consists of a highly secure platform built into Samsung devices and a set of solutions that leverage this platform. Whether you would like to keep your personal photos private, or remotely manage a batch of business smartphones, Knox has you covered.
Come join the Samsung KNOX team and help us define and develop the future role of security and productivity for Samsung devices and services!
Interns will have the opportunity to explore cutting-edge machine learning, deep learning and other artificial intelligence technologies security, and deploy the next-generation intelligent solutions for Samsung Knox products and services.
- Explore cutting-edge machine learning / deep learning technologies for Samsung products
- Demonstrate the feasibility and usability of solutions by developing quick prototypes and proof-of-concepts
- Design experiments, perform evaluations, and apply enhancements to our products
- Publish research results in top venues and/or file patents
- PhD students in Computer Science or relevant fields.
- Solid background in machine learning and/or deep learning
- Proficiency in at least one of deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, and etc
- Hands-on experience in building deep/machine learning application/solutions.
- Expertise in natural language understanding and text mining (ontology learning, relation extraction, semantic parsing, etc)
- Expertise in human behavior modeling and prediction
- Expertise in bio/behavior based authentication
- Expertise in adversarial machine learning, GAN
- Expertise in optimized processing of deep neural network
- Expertise in reinforcement learning, transfer learning, continual learning
- Expertise in deep/machine learning on graph
- Expertise in cross-areas for AI and other emerging technologies such as IoT/Blockchain, and etc
- Publication record in top conferences in related fields
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.